[Q] How to Root stock LG G2 d80130a running Lollipop 5.0.2

Search This thread

astroboiii

Aug 27, 2009
*Solution - So my issue was that the person who sold me the phone had screwed up the partitions/download mode and so I had to manually push the bootloader laf.img files using fastboot from my pc while my phone is connected via usb.

I used parts from this tutorial that I found on th web: [unable to post due to insf. posts :( - google "FIX DEAD LG G2 - Unbrick / Fix Fastboot Mode - EASY METHOD" it's the first youtube video]

and here is the original site I found that lead me to my eureka moment: [unable to post due to insf. posts :( - google "lg g2 fast boot menu fix" it's the first link with the word "yakuza" in it]

Appreciate both of these individuals for providing the info, I'm now running CloudyG3 2.2 and loving it :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the title implies I'm trying to root my g2 d80130a which is already on lollipop 5.0.2.

I've tried the LG Single click root method and it fails on 75% (putting the phone in download mode) every time. I've tried updating drivers and restarting phone and pc but no luck. Always fails at 75% with my phone in download mode waiting for adb input.

Root Genius also fails saying "Your phone is so solid to root".. .assuming it means to say it's "to" solid to root but go figure :).

I've heard of a mythical "Manural root method" but can't seem to find steps anywhere.
*I'm beginning to understand that the manual method is just doing all the steps manually that a particular script is automating for you. In attempting this, seaerching for the COM port in download mode seems to be the hiccup I'm not seeing a port when running the ports adb command. For now i'll start from there...
Been searching all day and looking for some direction, any help is truly appreciated.

Thanks,

Astro

Last edited:

astroboiii

Aug 27, 2009
ADB finds a port just fine when booted up in stock Lollipop but it fails to find a port in fastboot booted into download mode. :(