[Q] Power cycle loop, bad kernel

OP grandpa_faust

8th July 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

28 posts
Started with a VS980, flashed a TMOB ROM and (here's the error) flashed a D801 kernel. All hell has broken loose. The phone loads as TMOB, which is great but it power cycles a little bit after reaching the home screen. The keyboard does not work, and there is a panel mid-screen saying "ERROR". TWRP is gone, and factory resets don't help. Tried flashing KDZ and TOT but neither have worked, LGMobile Support Tool encounters an error partway through and the FlashTool claims the versions are wrong and to check the DLL (have tried VZW and TMOB).

I keep getting kicked into the Flash to Stock threads but I can't reach that stage, and I can only get partway through ADB (when the computer recognises it, which is only part of the time) before the phone power cycles. I can get into software download mode, but that doesn't seem to help. I have been told that since I can reach the home screen and muck with settings (I have USB Debgging enabled and Developer options now) that it's not a bootloop, I just don't know where to go from here. Need a phone ASAP for business calls, have been out for almost a week and the job is pissed at me.

What do? It registers as a D801 though the computer recognises a VS980. Software/IMEI/all that good stuff is "UNKNOWN" in the About Phone section.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread