Still worth buying/using?

Search This thread

elosogrande7076

Dec 11, 2006
Hello everyone,

I am in the market to pickup a used cell phone for one of my lines, I have been looking at a used G2. All of my Android phones have been Samsung and HTC (since the HTC Evo days). I only need the phone for texting and light calling for this secondary line with a decent screen. I am currently using a LG L90 for this line and though it meets my needs for the most part, texting on it is terrible. Do you think this phone is still worth using? I have never had a LG phone so I am curious about the great things I have head about the phone. Any thoughts? Thanks.

GeodudeFFP

May 14, 2014
I still think it's one of the best values around. FYI, I currently have a One M7, a LG G2, and a Moto Maxx (unlocked, non-carrier Droid Turbo). But if I had to choose only one, it would be the LG G2.

Reactions: G24Life

G24Life

Nov 29, 2014
I use lg g2 daily and it still competes with the flagships coming out today

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nick N

voxluna

Jan 3, 2009
SE Michigan
en.wikipedia.org
Oh God, yes. And I'm only using the stock Kitkat ROM, just rooted, and it's still perfect. It would be even faster and fresher if I updated to a custom ROM, or Lollipop. I happen to "settle" for the LG software because it's relatively unbloated with T-Mobile, and it has a lot of nice extras like QuickRemote and other little touches. The only thing I don't use is the stock launcher -- instead I opt for Nova.

I have 120+ apps installed, and put multitasking to the test by frequently switching between several memory intensive tasks. Throughout all of this it rarely gets hot, and if it does, it's because of the screen running at 100%. I've never noticed the phone throttling (wish I could say the same about my LG L90, for sure).

You could likely find it for about $100 if you looked hard enough at Craigslist. I couldn't find one fast enough and just picked this one up at TMo for only $100 and financed the rest.

Last edited:

elosogrande7076

Dec 11, 2006
Thanks everyone....

I have went ahead and picked up a G2 on Swappa. I do not use it a lot since its my secondary phone for more than emails, calls and text but i really like it. Because of it i picked up the G4 for my primary phone. Thanks everyone for the comments

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I still think it's one of the best values around. FYI, I currently have a One M7, a LG G2, and a Moto Maxx (unlocked, non-carrier Droid Turbo). But if I had to choose only one, it would be the LG G2.
    I use lg g2 daily and it still competes with the flagships coming out today

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk