FORUMS

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

Xposed Framework Updated to v65

Xposed Framework is an extremely popular modification platform for Android, so much so that we included … more

[Odin] [Firmware/Modem] [G900T-UVU1CNK2]

88 posts
Thanks Meter: 151
 
By keysoh2, Member on 26th November 2014, 06:52 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
This is the Firmware/bootloader and Modem for the new G900T-UVU1CNK2 build.

Use Odin (download link included) to flash.
Power your phone completely off, hold down home and volume down, boot phone while holding volume down and home.
Run Odin with admin rights
Uncheck all boxes except "auto reboot" in Odin
Modem goes on the "CP' button in Odin
Bootloader goes on the "BL" button in Odin
Flash

Bootloader
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001616656

Modem
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001616657

Odin
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001616660

In this thread is the link to the full G900TUVU1CNK2 tar
http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmob...-link-t2952323
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to keysoh2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
26th November 2014, 07:34 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
Flashing Firmware and Modem won't erase any data, correct? Do we know of any specific benefits of the new firmware and modem? I know they are usually better but anyone familiar? Thanks.
Last edited by Wrightperspective; 26th November 2014 at 07:44 PM.
26th November 2014, 10:50 PM |#3  
Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrightperspective

Flashing Firmware and Modem won't erase any data, correct? Do we know of any specific benefits of the new firmware and modem? I know they are usually better but anyone familiar? Thanks.

Shouldn't erase any data. If you flash the full tar file, it'll wipe you. That's for flashing to stock. Just updating bootloader and modem shouldn't erase anything (unless you do something dumb).

New firmware (if you mean bootloader) really doesn't do much but some ROMs (mostly stock ones) make sure your bootloader is a certain version. We're on T-Mobile so there isn't much to worry about since their bootloaders are unlocked to begin with so far.

New modems usually incorporate fixes and what not, but it's really YMMV. I usually go with the latest and if it seems worse I would just go back. I've never had to do this before though. I either don't notice much change at all, or at least know it's not going backwards. As far as my experiences with T-Mo HTC HD2 on AT&T, AT&T S3, and T-Mo S5. =)

BTW, I'm on AT&T LTE with G900T.

And thanks OP. =)
The Following User Says Thank You to turbo jjjang For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th November 2014, 01:58 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 751
 
Donate to Me
More
Any plans to make this a rooted flashable zip? I was thinking about it, but haven't had the time yet.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
27th November 2014, 02:53 AM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 151
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevVorteX

Any plans to make this a rooted flashable zip? I was thinking about it, but haven't had the time yet.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Uploading now
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to keysoh2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th November 2014, 02:58 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 751
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by keysoh2

Uploading now

To bad I can't thanks more than once.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
27th November 2014, 04:05 AM |#7  
Dr. Fed's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boston Area
Thanks Meter: 102
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo jjjang

Shouldn't erase any data. If you flash the full tar file, it'll wipe you. That's for flashing to stock. Just updating bootloader and modem shouldn't erase anything (unless you do something dumb).

New firmware (if you mean bootloader) really doesn't do much but some ROMs (mostly stock ones) make sure your bootloader is a certain version. We're on T-Mobile so there isn't much to worry about since their bootloaders are unlocked to begin with so far.

New modems usually incorporate fixes and what not, but it's really YMMV. I usually go with the latest and if it seems worse I would just go back. I've never had to do this before though. I either don't notice much change at all, or at least know it's not going backwards. As far as my experiences with T-Mo HTC HD2 on AT&T, AT&T S3, and T-Mo S5. =)

BTW, I'm on AT&T LTE with G900T.

And thanks OP. =)

For all you stock rooted peeps that could not OTA:

Flashing the full tar will not wipe phone IF coming from the stock rom. All data and apps in tact. But it will remove root (superuser still present but does not work) and it will replace your custom recovery with the stock recovery. Simple to get back root with CF Auto root, and you can either Odin a custom recovery or use something like TWRP Manager (root) to get back recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Fed For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th November 2014, 01:25 PM |#8  
solrazr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 61
 
More
Does anybody know what the improvements are over the NH5 Modem? I flashed, and everything is running great. The radio seems more "responsive" to tower hops, and latches faster. Seems more stable. Will update in a few days.
The Following User Says Thank You to solrazr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th November 2014, 06:28 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 751
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by solrazr

Does anybody know what the improvements are over the NH5 Modem? I flashed, and everything is running great. The radio seems more "responsive" to tower hops, and latches faster. Seems more stable. Will update in a few days.

From what I read, it's more focused on improvements to sms/mms over wifi. Possibly some VoLTE improvements as well.
27th November 2014, 11:37 PM |#10  
bonetweeter122's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
Firmware at 2MB? Looks more like just bootloader.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes