Do You Check for App Updates Regularly?

Do you let app updates happen automatically or do you regularly check for them? We’re … more

Find The Best Apps With Google’s Picks & Other Tricks

The Google Play Store, weighing in with more than 1.4 million apps at last … more

Dynamic Pop for Note 4 (N910T & 910W8)

With the release of the Canadian Lollipop ROM for the Note 4, T-Mobile users can also enjoy the … more

Sunday Debate: Better to Buy Older or Newer Hardware?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on New vs. Old. Come with your opinions and feel … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Odin][Recovery][Bootloader/Modem/Recovery/Kernel][G900TUVU1DOB1]

23rd February 2015, 05:48 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 100

201 posts
Donate to Me
More
I saw alot of people asking about these, so I've repacked the stock Modem, Bootloader, Kernel and Recovery from the full .tar separately as Odin flashable .tar's for anyone who needs them. And also created a recovery flashable stock kernel.
I've tested them all out and they work correctly for me, use at your own risk though. For G900T ONLY

Also, consider this: Warning flashing Bootloader/Modem/ FULL FIRMWARE LOLLIPOP

Flashable in Odin:

Bootloader/BL:
Bootloader
Bootloader Mirror

Phone/CP:
Modem

PDA/AP:
Kernel

Recovery

Full .tar thanks to @GSXeclipsePSI and SamMobile

Flashable in recovery(I used TWRP):

Stock Recovery Flashable .zip
Last edited by aaricchavez; 25th February 2015 at 01:49 AM.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to aaricchavez For This Useful Post: [ View ]

23rd February 2015, 05:59 PM |#2  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 27

107 posts
More
Thanks so much for posting these. I upgraded modem, bootloader and kernel no problem.

Stock kernel seems to work better than the ktoonsez one (for me at least), but i don't think I can get SElinux to be permissive on the stock kernel (doesn't seem to stick when I use SElinux mode changer app), which in turn seems to mean I can't use Viper...so I flashed back ktoonsez kernel since I can't live without Viper

Any thoughts on what I may be doing wrong...I know this isn't a Viper thread, but I'm pretty sure I read over there that SElinux permissive was a must for Viper to work, so if stock kernel doesn't allow for that, then my next thought is it possible to have stock kernel that's SElinux permissive?
23rd February 2015, 06:55 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 24

63 posts
How did you guys install the stock kernel? I used odin, wiped cache, and all I get is the initial Galaxy S5 Power By Android logo and it never goes past this.
23rd February 2015, 06:59 PM |#4  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 27

107 posts
More
did you try pulling the battery before you start the phone up on download mode? I always have to do that first and the always works for me.
23rd February 2015, 07:19 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tampa

201 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyhamada

Thanks so much for posting these. I upgraded modem, bootloader and kernel no problem.

Stock kernel seems to work better than the ktoonsez one (for me at least), but i don't think I can get SElinux to be permissive on the stock kernel (doesn't seem to stick when I use SElinux mode changer app), which in turn seems to mean I can't use Viper...so I flashed back ktoonsez kernel since I can't live without Viper

Any thoughts on what I may be doing wrong...I know this isn't a Viper thread, but I'm pretty sure I read over there that SElinux permissive was a must for Viper to work, so if stock kernel doesn't allow for that, then my next thought is it possible to have stock kernel that's SElinux permissive?

I have the same problem, nothing sounds as good without Viper But i'm dealing with the stock kernel for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALaz502

How did you guys install the stock kernel? I used odin, wiped cache, and all I get is the initial Galaxy S5 Power By Android logo and it never goes past this.

As cyhamada says above, you sometimes have to pull the battery before going into Download mode. Also, try a different version of Odin. With Odin 3.09 flashing the full .tar results with my phone sitting on the boot logo.
The Following User Says Thank You to aaricchavez For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2015, 06:06 PM |#6  
Flag Glendale, AZ
Thanks Meter: 44

242 posts
More
Updated Bootloader/Modem, yet my Baseband hasn't changed from NK2, shouldn't it change to the OB1?

I'm running CM12, boots fine, LTE signal's been junk since upgrading to NK2 and was hoping this new modem would have some corrections. (Phoenix, AZ)
24th February 2015, 06:17 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tampa

201 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulenski

Updated Bootloader/Modem, yet my Baseband hasn't changed from NK2, shouldn't it change to the OB1?

I'm running CM12, boots fine, LTE signal's been junk since upgrading to NK2 and was hoping this new modem would have some corrections. (Phoenix, AZ)

You have to be on stock for it to stick, and sometimes it will take a couple tries of lashing it even then, usually the best way is to pull battery and then boot into download.
The Following User Says Thank You to aaricchavez For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2015, 09:32 PM |#8  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 8

33 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaricchavez

You have to be on stock for it to stick, and sometimes it will take a couple tries of lashing it even then, usually the best way is to pull battery and then boot into download.

I actually got it to stick on cm12 after pulling battery.
24th February 2015, 09:35 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tampa

201 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey2483

I actually got it to stick on cm12 after pulling battery.

Really? What i've always seen and experienced is that you have to be on stock, on previous updates I had to go to stock to get it to stick. I guess ymmv.
24th February 2015, 10:47 PM |#10  
Flag Glendale, AZ
Thanks Meter: 44

242 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaricchavez

Really? What i've always seen and experienced is that you have to be on stock, on previous updates I had to go to stock to get it to stick. I guess ymmv.

It stuck after I did a battery pull on the 3rd or 4th try, the blue "secure boot: enabled" appeared when it actually worked. I went from Recovery > Download, odin flashed, pulled battery, odin flashed and it worked.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread