FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 25 – May 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Lollipop Xposed Framework Alpha 4 Released

Good news to all Xposed Framework fans. XDA Senior Recognized … more

Do You Rock Two Phones?

A few people in the comments were surprised to find out that a number of the XDA staff actually use two phones … more

Brand Loyalty: OEMs Giveth and Then Taketh Away

The majority of users here at XDA will feel fierce brand loyalty for a company, whether … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Compilation of S5 (G900T) Stock Firmware/Root Methods/Bootloader/Modem/Recovery

28th February 2015, 08:43 AM |#1  
Below is a collection of all known stock firmware for the T-mobile S5 (G900T). This thread provides links to firmwares, root methods, bootloader, modem, and recovery methods. This isnít a thread for support and any questions about any of the specific firmware, root methods, bootloader, modem, and recovery methods should be asked in the threads linked below. I am not responsible for what happens for any unfortunate problems that may occur while using any methods below. Please read any instructions carefully to avoid any mishaps!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Links below are for Odin and MD5 if you need them.
Odin v3.09
MD5 reader
Stock Firmwares: These are links directly to all the official stock firmwares for G900T. In other words, these are same files you would get if you downloaded straight from sammobile except you wonít get the ridiculous download times of sammobile. Remember to double check MD5 to make sure you get full download and not a partial download so everything will run as smooth as possible.
Instructions straight from sammobile
1) extract/unzip firmware file (should show as .tar)
2) download odin v3.09 and extract
3) open odin
4) Reboot Phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
5) Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
6) Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
7) Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked and keep odin default settings
8) Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

G900TTMB1ANCH (4.4.2) [April 2014]
G900TUVU1ANE5 (4.4.2) [May 2014]: Havenít uploaded to AFH yet/havenít found mirror.
G900TUVU1ANE6 (4.4.2) [June 2014]: Havenít uploaded to AFH yet/havenít found mirror.
G900TUVU1BNF6 (4.4.2) [June 2014]: Havenít uploaded to AFH yet/havenít found mirror.
G900TUVU1BNG3 (4.4.2) [July 2014]: Havenít uploaded to AFH yet/havenít found mirror.
G900TUVU1BNG4 (4.4.2) [August 2014]: Havenít uploaded to AFH yet/havenít found mirror.
G900TUVU1BNH5 (4.4.2) [September 2014]
G900TUVU1CNK2 (4.4.2) [November 2014]
G900TUVD0B1 (5.0) [February 2015]
Root Methods: These links take you to threads that have specific instructions on how to root a particular firmware. Read the instructions in those threads carefully and follow them as instructed for best results!
For NCH, NE5, NE6, and NF6 (thanks to @geohot) *Note: This method will NOT trip KNOX*
http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmob...-knox-t2873635
For NG3 or NG4 (thanks to @Chainfire) *Note: This method will trip KNOX*
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2713950
For NK2 or NH5 (thanks to @galaxyuser88) *Note: This method will NOT trip KNOX*
http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmob...x-0x0-t2909352
For D0B1 (thanks to @TheSickness) *Note: This method will trip KNOX*
http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmob...vd0b1-t3042249
D0B1 method #2*Note: This method will NOT trip KNOX but requires you to be rooted & use MobileOdin*
http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmob...1-5-0-t3049676
Bootloader+Modem: This link takes you to the thread that has the Bootloader+Modem for all the S5 varients. Please read instructions carefully from this thread and download only the files that are specifically for the G900T. Also take a look at this thread if you are going to flash OB1.
<Newest> OB1 Bootloader <Feb 2015>
<Newest> OB1 Modem <Feb 2015>
NK2 Bootloader
NK2 Modem
NG4 Bootloader
NG4 Modem
Recovery methods: Links to guides to installing recovery methods. Please follow instructions carefully and make sure that the recovery methods are compatible.
Philz Touch
TWRP
CWM
Last edited by xAjCx; 10th March 2015 at 03:57 AM.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to xAjCx For This Useful Post: [ View ]

1st March 2015, 12:24 AM |#2  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 249

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAjCx

Bootloader+Modem: This link takes you to the thread that has the Bootloader+Modem for all the S5 varients. Please read instructions carefully and download only the files that are specifically for the G900T.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...11&postcount=4

Great guide. Thanks!

Just a suggestion for when you have a ton of free time and absolutely nothing to do, you might want to actually add the modem and bootloader downloads in this thread. That would be a wonderful thing.

Thanks.
1st March 2015, 04:33 AM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspears

Great guide. Thanks!

Just a suggestion for when you have a ton of free time and absolutely nothing to do, you might want to actually add the modem and bootloader downloads in this thread. That would be a wonderful thing.

Thanks.

Didn't take long. Let me know if there are other BL or modems you specifically want. I actually have free time this weekend for the first time in awhile.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xAjCx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st March 2015, 06:05 PM |#4  
Flag Phoenix

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAjCx

Didn't take long. Let me know if there are other BL or modems you specifically want. I actually have free time this weekend for the first time in awhile.

You're the Man! Thanks.
3rd March 2015, 06:02 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Awesome post! If this keeps gets updated regularly and stickied, this would save a lot of people or at least me lots of time searching for the important stuff!
The Following User Says Thank You to adachen89 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2015, 08:53 PM |#6  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I successfully rooted my G900T using the G900P/Mobile ODIN method from here: how-to-update-to-stock-rooted-ob1-5-0

I apologize for not providing links but I'm below the 10 post threshold.
Mods, I'm just trying to contribute but understand if you need to edit this.
Hope this is enough, if you'd like more please let me know.

ODIN Screen
i.imgur .com/9mu0GlN.jpg

Root Checker
i.imgur .com/abBP0HG.png
13th March 2015, 11:51 PM |#7  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Good stuff, Thanks
26th March 2015, 05:05 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
My phone has the G900TUVU1CNK2 firmware. I would like to root, flash TWRP and then flash a 5.0 ROM.
1. Can this be done without tripping KNOX?
2. Do I need to update the modem or bootloader?
26th March 2015, 08:07 AM |#9  
Flag Phoenix

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamaznX

My phone has the G900TUVU1CNK2 firmware. I would like to root, flash TWRP and then flash a 5.0 ROM.
1. Can this be done without tripping KNOX?
2. Do I need to update the modem or bootloader?

1. No. If you flash a custom recovery such as TWRP it trips Knox
2. It depends on the ROM, but when you move to 5.0 you should have 5.0 bootloader and modem, or you can have all kinds of problems if it even works at all. If you flash a stock 5.0 ROM it will update everything for you and then it is much easier to flash a custom ROM.
27th March 2015, 03:36 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I'm going to flash an international ROM for my G900T. Do I need to flash the OB1 bootloader or modem first?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloader, firmware, g900t, recovery, root
Previous Thread Next Thread