Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[HOW TO] How To Root G900TUVD0B1 Knox 0x1 2/27/2015

7,204 posts
Thanks Meter: 16,324

By The Sickness, Recognized Contributor on 28th February 2015, 02:29 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
HOW TO ROOT G900TUVD0B1 w/ Knox (0x1)

Im am writing this rooting method because it worked for me. And there also seems to be alot of questions regarding root on 5.0. So I'm going to tell you how to do it. Very simple task. Just follow the direcrions and you will be rooted and on your way...

DISCLAIMER

I am NOT responsible for what you do with the information in this thread. You are doing so at YOUR own risk.....
If your phone blows up, starts sweating, or starts to look like a IPhone its your problem, NOT mine.....

KNOX

I myself am not concerned with Knox what so ever. It was introduced to us on 4.3........And of course EVERYONE freaks out. By why the fuss?
Knox isnt a concern for everyday users. Knox is business directed. IE: secure emal, network, etc......And IF you are on a "company" phone why are you
trying to root anyways?

I have not seen one thread, nor one post were a user said he/she was denied service through exchange, warranty, etc due to Knox
being tripped. But, I have read that users
have done warranty exchanges etc with root, custom recovery AND Knox.....

Just so you know this method of rooting WILL trip Knox. Again, it WILL trip Knox.

For more info from Samsung on Knox, go here.

HOW TO

First thing to do is go to Sammobile and download the Official Tmobile G900TUVD0B1 Firmware.
While that is downloading you are going to need Odin. No link.......I use Odin 3.07. There are newer versions out that will work just as well.

Once you have downloaded the Official Tar file unzip it and place the tar file in your Documents on your PC. Now open Odin....
In order to use Odin your phone MUST be in "download mode". To do this power of your phone. Hold down the home key, volume DOWN,
and the power key. Just as soon as the screen changes press UP on the volume key. You will then be in download mode.

Now plug your phone into your PC via a usb. When Odin recognizes your phone a light blue light will light up where it says ID:COM.....
It will also say "added" in the message screen. After that is done you now need to click on the PDA Tab. It will pull up another window that
contains your documents.

Hightlight the Official Tar then choose "select". In the message screen on Odin it will say its checking MD5. Once its complete with the check hit the
Start Button on Odin. It will take approx. 20 to 30 minutes to complete. Once complete your phone will reboot into a little droid fella with his little cube. Just as soon as its finished
and the screen goes black pull your battery and go into stock recovery. Inside recovery select to do a factory reset. Reboot.

You can at this point go and set up your phone if you wish. After the factory reset I pull the battery again and go back into "download mode" again. And continue.....

Now we need to root your phone. As of right now there is no root method for 5.0. BUT, the root method by @Chainfire CF-Auto Root for
4.4.2 works just fine. Go here for the download.

However you choose to set up your phone or go directly back to download mode after the factory reset,
you will then need TWRP. Which you can find here.

Once TWRP is downloaded plug your phone back into Odin. (Make sure you are in download mode). Select PDA Tab. Find the TWRP zip and select it.
Press Start. Your phone will reboot when the process is complete.

You are now rooted and have a custom recovery. More than likely SuperSU will need to be updated in the
Play Store so it can install the new binaries. If I have missed something, or if anyone has something to add, please feel free to post it.

THIS METHOD WILL TRIP KNOX
Last edited by The Sickness; 28th February 2015 at 02:32 AM.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to The Sickness For This Useful Post: [ View ]

28th February 2015, 03:53 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Much thanks for the step by step. Thank you for all of your hard work. Because of you an idiot like me can stay up to speed with the latest and greatest.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reaper 1818 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2015, 06:43 AM |#3  
this is an awesome guide! only thing stopping me now is a stable version of xposed..
28th February 2015, 09:38 AM |#4  
Flag nyc
Thanks Meter: 243

More
why is it necessary to install twerp? does this root method require a custom recovery?
The Following User Says Thank You to ashraf sharif For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2015, 11:32 AM |#5  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Somewhere in Texas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashraf sharif

why is it necessary to install twerp? does this root method require a custom recovery?

It's not necessary to install TWRP. You can use whatever recovery you wish. I personally use TWRP.

A custom recovery isn't required. But, you need one in order to flash roms.
Last edited by The Sickness; 1st March 2015 at 12:07 AM.
28th February 2015, 11:48 AM |#6  
Flag Pensacola
Thanks Meter: 436

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sickness

It's not necessary to install TWRP. You can use whatever recovery you wish. I personally use TWRP.

What a Awesome guide @The Sickness!!!! Thanks for making it. XDA as well as use user's are lucky to have a dev such as yourself!!! Thanks for all that you do
The Following User Says Thank You to mamdroid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2015, 03:50 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Maybe dumb question but never specifically stated.. Search didn't find anything but may be badly worded search. Am on NG4 now.. Odin'ed that last year. Have been flashing back and forth between various 4.4.4 and lolli ROMs without issues on KKs but lolli ROMs have some minor bugs. Would I necessarily NEED to Odin to OB1 firmware now or is the fact that lolli runs relatively fine make it a moot point? Thanks in advance.. You are the benchmark!

Sent from my klte using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th February 2015, 06:06 PM |#8  
Flag Somewhere in Texas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonetweeter122

Maybe dumb question but never specifically stated.. Search didn't find anything but may be badly worded search. Am on NG4 now.. Odin'ed that last year. Have been flashing back and forth between various 4.4.4 and lolli ROMs without issues on KKs but lolli ROMs have some minor bugs. Would I necessarily NEED to Odin to OB1 firmware now or is the fact that lolli runs relatively fine make it a moot point? Thanks in advance.. You are the benchmark!

You don't have to upgrade to 5.0. But, in my opinion its best for the bootloader/modem to match the firmware.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Sickness For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2015, 07:25 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Thank you very much for your help!

28th February 2015, 07:52 PM |#10  
Flag nyc
Thanks Meter: 243

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sickness

Just a added note: Rooting doesn't trip Knox. Knox is triggered when you flash a custom recovery.

using cf autoroot does not trip knox?
28th February 2015, 09:03 PM |#11  
Flag Somewhere in Texas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashraf sharif

using cf autoroot does not trip knox?

No. It doesn't flash a custom recovery

Read More