Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,794 Members 44,806 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

new software update=G00TUVU1BNG3

Tip us?

1iwilly
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Exclamation new software update=G00TUVU1BNG3

woke up this morning phone says new software up date=T-MOBILE .?? i check and it is dated 7-19-2014 new version=G00TUVU1BNG3 OS-VERSION 4.4.2
it says performance improvement.??

andROIDS
Old
Thanks Meter 155
I got it too. Not sure what it is.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

1iwilly
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
i'm downloading it now to computer to install it with mobile odin so i don't loose my towelroot

QUOTE=andROIDS;54519653]I got it too. Not sure what it is.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app[/QUOTE]

github
Old
(Last edited by github; 31st July 2014 at 04:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 183

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1iwilly View Post
i'm downloading it now to computer to install it with mobile odin so i don't loose my towelroot
I got my towelroot on nice and tight, because I had a loose towelroot once and it fell of and crashed my phone.

This will be what the G900F international version got about two weeks ago. People report better performance, but it's all unverified claims like always around here. My guess is, and it's just a guess, that this will close the towelroot kernel exploit and get pushed as 'performance' so people update which is a good thing since technically it could be exploited for bad scary things!

edit: The official documentation from T-Mobile is live: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10398 -- and nothing worth reporting. Still lists VoLTE as new but that was the previous update.

Model: XT1034 | Carrier: T-Mobile | Firmware: Stock GPE
Bitcoin Donations: 12m5hmCSSDxxb2kqiw1jsooNN3astnyE6a

Notice: I have no relation to the github.com website.
The Following User Says Thank You to github For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

1iwilly
Old
(Last edited by 1iwilly; 6th August 2014 at 06:20 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
ok i just did the up date with mobile odin pro and after reboot i still have towel root working so that is a good thing now to see what is this performance up grade.oh when you do the up date you will need to run su to update binary again.
Put the .tar file SD card. or phone storage
Open Mobile Odin pro.
Scroll down to open file. Press it.
Chose the .tar file.
Checked Enable EverRoot and Inject Superuser.
I choose to wipe dalvik cache which is optional.
Clicked flash firmware and that's it!
you will also need to download the bootloader+modem tar and flash them with odin-3.09 from pc.link to tar are here make sure you use the G900T for t-mobile
Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by github View Post
I got my towelroot on nice and tight, because I had a loose towelroot once and it fell of and crashed my phone.

This will be what the G900F international version got about two weeks ago. People report better performance, but it's all unverified claims like always around here. My guess is, and it's just a guess, that this will close the towelroot kernel exploit and get pushed as 'performance' so people update which is a good thing since technically it could be exploited for bad scary things!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1iwilly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CamoCustom
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Could somebody point me to the mobile odin pro instructions to keep towel root? i have searched and searched and cannot find that thread with the instructions to do so... I would greatly appreciate it.

ThaDarkside79
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Any idea what the update adds?

Killing Aliens with my Galaxy S5
Killing Zombies And Aliens With My T-Mobile Galaxy S5

aooga
Old
(Last edited by aooga; 31st July 2014 at 06:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDarkside79 View Post
Any idea what the update adds?

Killing Aliens with my Galaxy S5
Performance update. It's the same thing the G900F got a while back. This actually isn't too long of a wait...good job tmobile.

scorchedsky
Old
Thanks Meter 59
For anyone who updated, what's the total RAM available in the task manager? NF6 was 1.81 GB, the international NG2 update (and ktoonsez new update) have 1.67, apparently more RAM is dedicated to the GPU now. I haven't really noticed a difference when ktoonsez included that change...

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

philliman
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoCustom View Post
Could somebody point me to the mobile odin pro instructions to keep towel root? i have searched and searched and cannot find that thread with the instructions to do so... I would greatly appreciate it.
+1

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk