Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 51,475 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tmobile to start throttling users who use p2p sharing.!

Tip us?

ThaDarkside79
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default Tmobile to start throttling users who use p2p sharing.!

Bad news for some of us. If you have the unlimited 4g Lte plan. You will be throttled if you use it for p2p sharing. Like utorrent or other torrent apps. Really Pisses me off. Why do I pay over $100 a month? I think I am being throttled already. My service has been on Edge for like 2 days. should be able to use the data for what ever I want. What do you guys think? [emoji31]

Killing Aliens with my S5!
Killing Zombies And Aliens With My T-Mobile Galaxy S5

ThaDarkside79
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
http://m.androidcentral.com/t-mobile...ed-p2p-sharing

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 4,370

DONATE TO ME
I have to say i'm on your side with this one.

Why would i pay the extra money for unlimited data if i'm not going to use it for what I want it for? Luckily, i'm grandfathered into an older plan where this doesn't cover so hopefully i won't be throttled.

ThaDarkside79
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
I have to say i'm on your side with this one.

Why would i pay the extra money for unlimited data if i'm not going to use it for what I want it for? Luckily, i'm grandfathered into an older plan where this doesn't cover so hopefully i won't be throttled.
Says old grandfather plan will also be throttled. Read the article!

Chuki82
Old
Thanks Meter 49
When you get throttled they don't drop you off lte onto edge. You will still be on lte it's just slow. Usually around 128k is my experience.

I don't quite agree with it. You buy a car your free to do with it what you want. What about people who abuse unlimited messages? Do they get throttled?

If you read the fine print you agreed to when you signed up though, I'm sure something about p2p is in there.

ThaDarkside79
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
A Car and unlimited data is completely different. Lol it says unlimited so that's what I should get. Slowing down is one thing but they slow it down so much that Web pages and games won't even work. Bs

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 4,370

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDarkside79 View Post
Says old grandfather plan will also be throttled. Read the article!

Lol. Your linked article says nothing about grandfathered plans. The article i read says nothing about them either. Only states users who have the 70 and 80 dollar Simple plan are getting throttled due to an update in the Terms and Conditions those users signed as per their contract.

gregorina
Old
Thanks Meter 4
how can they detect if you're using p2p? or are they going to look at those that have 100's of gb's of data usage.

stangdriver44
Old
Thanks Meter 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDarkside79 View Post
Bad news for some of us. If you have the unlimited 4g Lte plan. You will be throttled if you use it for p2p sharing. Like utorrent or other torrent apps. Really Pisses me off. Why do I pay over $100 a month? I think I am being throttled already. My service has been on Edge for like 2 days. should be able to use the data for what ever I want. What do you guys think? [emoji31]

I think that is is such BS! I was just kicked off is Sprint's "unlimited data plan" for the same thing. I was completely kicked from the carrier after 10 YRS of loyal service. I have had Tmo for a month now was glad I made the switch! "Was" being the key word! Sprint data speeds like driving backwards on the autobahn in comparison! I there a way to go download in some sort of stealth mode? I would be so sad the go slow again....

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 4,370

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangdriver44 View Post
I think that is is such BS! I was just kicked off is Sprint's "unlimited data plan" for the same thing. I was completely kicked from the carrier after 10 YRS of loyal service. I have had Tmo for a month now was glad I made the switch! "Was" being the key word! Sprint data speeds like driving backwards on the autobahn in comparison! I there a way to go download in some sort of stealth mode? I would be so sad the go slow again....
It's called VPN.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to elesbb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]