FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

need an app recommendation.????

273 posts
Thanks Meter: 42
 
By 1iwilly, Senior Member on 3rd July 2014, 01:49 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
my daughter is very picky about her phone she won't let me rooted. so can some one recommend an app that would let me freeze/ disable apps on her phone with out root.???? thanks
 
 
3rd July 2014, 01:58 PM |#2  
vndnguyen's Avatar
Senior Member
Vinnitsa
Thanks Meter: 1,370
 
Donate to Me
More
You can freeze/disable apps in the App Manager settings menu.

However you can't remove/uninstall apps without root permission.
3rd July 2014, 03:25 PM |#3  
elesbb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,696
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vndnguyen

You can freeze/disable apps in the App Manager settings menu.

However you can't remove/uninstall apps without root permission.

Some you can't even disable. Without root your just sol. Rooting is not bad and the towel root method doesn't trip knox.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
3rd July 2014, 03:30 PM |#4  
vndnguyen's Avatar
Senior Member
Vinnitsa
Thanks Meter: 1,370
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb

Some you can't even disable. Without root your just sol. Rooting is not bad and the towel root method doesn't trip knox.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Yes, but only some. You can disable almost all apps. And that is the only solution for OP, as his phone has not been rooted.
The Following User Says Thank You to vndnguyen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2014, 04:35 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
Exclamation
thanks mine is rooted just my daughters is not if you have teenager you would understand she thinks i'm going to install tracking device plus mess up her phone.LOL i install quick boot and she blame me that her phone is slow now because i touch it


Quote:
Originally Posted by vndnguyen

Yes, but only some. You can disable almost all apps. And that is the only solution for OP, as his phone has not been rooted.

The Following User Says Thank You to 1iwilly For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2014, 10:32 PM |#6  
elesbb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,696
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1iwilly

thanks mine is rooted just my daughters is not if you have teenager you would understand she thinks i'm going to install tracking device plus mess up her phone.LOL i install quick boot and she blame me that her phone is slow now because i touch it

Ha, don't need to root in order for that to be installed Hell, facebook app does it already.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes