5,815,061 Members 37,532 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

need an app recommendation.????

Tip us?
 
1iwilly
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Posts: 257
Join Date: Aug 2011
Info 2 need an app recommendation.????

my daughter is very picky about her phone she won't let me rooted. so can some one recommend an app that would let me freeze/ disable apps on her phone with out root.???? thanks
 
vndnguyen
Old
#2  
vndnguyen's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 707
Posts: 1,771
Join Date: Sep 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
You can freeze/disable apps in the App Manager settings menu.

However you can't remove/uninstall apps without root permission.
 
elesbb
Old
#3  
elesbb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4,378
Posts: 6,812
Join Date: Jun 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vndnguyen View Post
You can freeze/disable apps in the App Manager settings menu.

However you can't remove/uninstall apps without root permission.
Some you can't even disable. Without root your just sol. Rooting is not bad and the towel root method doesn't trip knox.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
vndnguyen
Old
#4  
vndnguyen's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 707
Posts: 1,771
Join Date: Sep 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
Some you can't even disable. Without root your just sol. Rooting is not bad and the towel root method doesn't trip knox.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Yes, but only some. You can disable almost all apps. And that is the only solution for OP, as his phone has not been rooted.
The Following User Says Thank You to vndnguyen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
1iwilly
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Posts: 257
Join Date: Aug 2011
thanks mine is rooted just my daughters is not if you have teenager you would understand she thinks i'm going to install tracking device plus mess up her phone.LOL i install quick boot and she blame me that her phone is slow now because i touch it


Quote:
Originally Posted by vndnguyen View Post
Yes, but only some. You can disable almost all apps. And that is the only solution for OP, as his phone has not been rooted.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1iwilly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
elesbb
Old
#6  
elesbb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4,378
Posts: 6,812
Join Date: Jun 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1iwilly View Post
thanks mine is rooted just my daughters is not if you have teenager you would understand she thinks i'm going to install tracking device plus mess up her phone.LOL i install quick boot and she blame me that her phone is slow now because i touch it
Ha, don't need to root in order for that to be installed Hell, facebook app does it already.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes