Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,110 Members 42,089 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Camera app/quality?

Tip us?

deadlocked007
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 201
Default Camera app/quality?

First of all is the front camera supposed to be very grainy and unclear most of the time? Is that just the extent of the sensor?

Next is there a better camera app which isnt so slow to switch cameras and take pictures and such. Its just that the camera seems to take pretty good photos compared to my m7 but its performance im taking the pictures though is horrid next to my old m7. Is there a mod or app that works better than this?

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlocked007 View Post
First of all is the front camera supposed to be very grainy and unclear most of the time? Is that just the extent of the sensor?

Next is there a better camera app which isnt so slow to switch cameras and take pictures and such. Its just that the camera seems to take pretty good photos compared to my m7 but its performance im taking the pictures though is horrid next to my old m7. Is there a mod or app that works better than this?
My phone takes pictures almost instantly. Are you sure you don't have image stabilization on?
The Following User Says Thank You to aooga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tenxo
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Also, make sure you have good lighting, the front camera really suffers in low light...and the rear camera takes longer to focus and capture in low light

Sent from my SM-G900T using AllianceR(●)m
TMOUS Samsung Galaxy S5
AllianceR(●)m - Build 5.1 |Aug. 23, 2014| ★ Gravity Box Pro 3.3.3★
Android: KitKat 4.4.2
Baseband: G900TUVU1ANG3
Kernel: Ktoonz 8/10/14
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0

deadlocked007
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga View Post
My phone takes pictures almost instantly. Are you sure you don't have image stabilization on?
It is turned off but it just doesn't seem as fast. Other than that I found the camera app from the One plus One http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...cm11s-t2730715 its seems to work really good although anybody know how we can get 120 fps slow motion to work. 80 fps works but with this we could have slow motion on Roms like cm11!!