Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,941 Members 38,966 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I can change the modem?

Tip us?

soyimparable
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default I can change the modem?

Hi , It's my first post here, I have the galaxy s5 from t-mobile SM-G900T , but I live in Mexico and I have a bad network signal where I live soo I can change the modem for the SM-G900M ( galaxy s5 México versión ) ? or which modem i can install ? Please help me !!
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900T using XDA developers premium

MrFhenix
Old
Thanks Meter 158

DONATE TO ME
You dont need yo change TVE módem g900t uses the same bands as 900m

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

No ocupas cambiar el módem el g900t tiene las mismas bandas que Telcel o movistar

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Simplemente no tienes buena señal donde estas asegurate de tener el módem y los rils

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by soyimparable View Post
I have the galaxy s5 from t-mobile SM-G900T , but I live in Mexico and I have a bad network signal where I live soo I can change the modem for the SM-G900M

If you want to update a modem, you should stick to the original carrier that the phone was manufactured for no matter what network you plan to use it on. Remember phones work & roam on other networks. Trying to flash a modem from a different variant will typically be refused by Odin and may brick your phone as well.

So stick to TMobile modems for your 900T. If the 900T is at all compatible with your Mexican network to start with, then the updated TMB modem will work fine.