FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Bares All in New Tear Down Gallery

Last year, the launch of the OnePlus One, dubbed ‘the flagship killer’, visibly … more

Focus – An Attractive But Raw Gallery Replacement

Focus is an attractive new app built by XDA members Liam Spradlin … more

How to Root the LG G4 and Install TWRP Recovery – XDA TV

A rooting method has finally been found for the flagship LG G4. In this … more

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

[Q] Is it common for an imei to get changed when flashing a custom rom?

107 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By LancerEvoDrifter, Senior Member on 30th April 2015, 03:59 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I heard when someone flashes a custom rom, the imei gets changed, is it normal, and is there a way to restore the original imei without backing up the imei ? want to sell on swappa, but imei says it got blacklisted, even though i have the original box for my phone any help is appriciated!

30th April 2015, 11:20 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bryan, TX
Thanks Meter: 2,599

Donate to Me
More
The IMEI does not get changed at all.

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Also, any discussion regarding IMEI cleaning, is not allowed. You will have to figure it out yourself or sell your device as is. Try calling your carrier.
2nd May 2015, 01:19 AM |#3  
Flag Atlanta GA
Thanks Meter: 1,348

More
IMEI does NOT get changed. What could possibly happen is it getting erased and set to 0.
2nd May 2015, 01:24 AM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bryan, TX
Thanks Meter: 2,599

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo009

IMEI does NOT get changed. What could possibly happen is it getting erased and set to 0.

That will never happen with flashing ROMs. It could happen with a messed up ODIN flash or messing around in the wrong programs, But ROMs never touch the IMEI.
2nd May 2015, 01:33 AM |#5  
Flag Atlanta GA
Thanks Meter: 1,348

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by graydiggy

That will never happen with flashing ROMs. It could happen with a messed up ODIN flash or messing around in the wrong programs, But ROMs never touch the IMEI.

Yes sir. I understand. Since the user seemed like a layman, I didn't want to use all these terms, and used the word flashing ROMs
15th May 2015, 02:57 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston

More
this is what's happening to me and my friends, I'll list it step by step to be clear about it
1) Get phone from t-mobile
2) Roots phone because we dont care about the warranty (imei is still the ones that came with my box)
3) Flashes custom rom (goldeneye, vision, etc)
4) Phone seems normal but imei gets changed to one that is not mine and is also a blocked imei, not sure if it was flashing the custom rom that changed the imei.
21st May 2015, 07:43 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Odin back to stock ROM. Or use Samsung Kies to restore the phone's stock ROM. (Wipe cache and factory reset after you restored to stock).
23rd May 2015, 12:25 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore 64

Odin back to stock ROM. Or use Samsung Kies to restore the phone's stock ROM. (Wipe cache and factory reset after you restored to stock).

I went back to stock NK2 by odin, and my imei is still different from my box, it wouldnt be a problem if the imei that was on my phone wasnt a bad imei and blacklisted
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread