Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,629 Members 53,966 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Do these customs ROM have a major speed upgrade?

Tip us?

daxecutioner24
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 110
Default Do these customs ROM have a major speed upgrade?

Just wondering apart from the mods etcc.. Is there a huge discrepancy in speed that you guys have noticed between stock or any of the custom ROMs? Not rooted, just wondering

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

daxecutioner24
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 110
Also do you guys use the roms from the unified thread? Or holding out until or if something gets figure out with knox

aooga
Old
(Last edited by aooga; 25th July 2014 at 10:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxecutioner24 View Post
Just wondering apart from the mods etcc.. Is there a huge discrepancy in speed that you guys have noticed between stock or any of the custom ROMs? Not rooted, just wondering

Nope. It's just a misconception (not saying you..just overall) that rooting makes phones faster. It can, but not unless you really know what you're doing. That being said, if you do want a faster phone, a custom kernel is the way to go IMO. Yeah a custom rom can get rid of some bloat and unnecessary files, but I would stick with a close to stock rom, like Beans' stock rom, and flash a custom kernel like ktoonsez's kernel. You can find the rom HERE and the kernel HERE.

About the unified section, yes, you can use any rom from there as long as it's for the G900F and not the G900H (the exynos one). Also, not sure what you mean by "till everything get's figured out with knox". If you flash a custom rom or kernel, knox will trip and there's probably never going to be a way to stop that since t-mobile doesn't even care anyway.

daxecutioner24
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga View Post
Nope. It's just a misconception (not saying you..just overall) that rooting makes phones faster. It can, but not unless you really know what you're doing. That being said, if you do want a faster phone, a custom kernel is the way to go IMO. Yeah a custom rom can get rid of some bloat and unnecessary files, but I would stick with a close to stock rom, like Beans' stock rom, and flash a custom kernel like ktoonsez's kernel. You can find the rom HERE and the kernel HERE.

About the unified section, yes, you can use any rom from there as long as it's for the G900F and not the G900H (the exynos one). Also, not sure what you mean by "till everything get's figured out with knox". If you flash a custom rom or kernel, knox will trip and there's probably never going to be a way to stop that since t-mobile doesn't even care anyway.
Thanks for the information. Yeah I'm well adept when it comes to rooting etcc.. I guess I wanted to know if the change from stock to custom is noticeable at the very least. Love ktoonz with the add on app. So Tmobile doesn't care? Any prove to that? Can they found out? that the warranty is voided. Thus the reason I included "till everything gets figured out with knox ". People in this forum are always worried about tripping knox hence the towel root breakthrough in which rooters swarmed.

tonyevo52
Old
Thanks Meter 363
Quote:
Thanks for the information. Yeah I'm well adept when it comes to rooting etcc.. I guess I wanted to know if the change from stock to custom is noticeable at the very least. Love ktoonz with the add on app. So Tmobile doesn't care? Any prove to that? Can they found out? that the warranty is voided. Thus the reason I included "till everything gets figured out with knox ". People in this forum are always worried about tripping knox hence the towel root breakthrough in which rooters swarmed.

Knox will never get figured out, they've been trying for a while... Best thing is to just root and try them all, just read read read first.
The Following User Says Thank You to tonyevo52 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 868
Quote:

I've jumped twice now from the Note 3 and S4 both with knox tripped. They didn't bother to check anything at the store and I haven't gotten billed for anything, so I don't think they care. There are other users on here with the same experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to aooga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

daxecutioner24
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
I've jumped twice now from the Note 3 and S4 both with knox tripped. They didn't bother to check anything at the store and I haven't gotten billed for anything, so I don't think they care. There are other users on here with the same experience.
Yea. They might not even know how to check lol or what do the numbers mean lol. Think I'm just going to flash away. Your everywhere aooga keep up the good work

The Following User Says Thank You to daxecutioner24 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

daxecutioner24
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyevo52 View Post
Knox will never get figured out, they've been trying for a while... Best thing is to just root and try them all, just read read read first.
Yea knox is a lost cause probably efuse or something

spirodave
Old
Thanks Meter 90

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I agree .My buudy just took a s4 back that was pretty much bricked and knox was tripped and they didn't even check they gave him an s5 and counted all his payments from the s4 towards it . I guess they would rather get a knox tripped phone from ya rather than a phone with a cracked screen . I told my buddy if they don't take it then just run over it with your car and claim it on his handset protection . Also the sales people are not that know;edgable . Their soulution to fix any problem is a good old factory reset ..LOL

The Following User Says Thank You to spirodave For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]