FORUMS

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

[Q] Deleted App with Titanium

30 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By Fanaticalism, Member on 6th July 2014, 03:12 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
My Buddy wanted me to debloat his T-Mobile S5 so I went ahead and did the usual but I accidentally uninstalled an antivirus app that had administrative rights and now there is a ghost app in his drawer. I did not bother creating a backup as I had no intentions of reinstalling it. I know I can hide the app using xposed framework but wanted to delete it entirely.

Thanks.
 
 
6th July 2014, 05:04 AM |#2  
have u tried to reinstall the app?
6th July 2014, 09:16 AM |#3  
fffft's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 669
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticalism

I did not bother creating a backup


Always make a backup. Taking shortcuts like that put your friend's data at unnecessary risk and caused your current problem.

You didn't give is any details of whether Titanium is able to cleanup the mess? If not, then try fixing it by reinstalling the antivirus so that it is then stable enough to uninstall in the conventional manner.

.
Last edited by fffft; 6th July 2014 at 02:00 PM.
6th July 2014, 01:37 PM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolboyztn

have u tried to reinstall the app?

The play store recognizes the app as still installed and only gives me the option to deactivate the app. When I do that it force closes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft

Always make a backup. Taking shortcuts like that put your friend's data at unnecessary risk and caused your current problem.

You didn't give is any details of whether Titanium is able to cleanup the mess? If not, then try fixing it by reinstalling the antivirus so that it is then stable enough to ininstall in the conventional manner.

.

Agreed on the shortcuts.

I was not aware that titanium may be able to clean it up. I'll research it. As far as the app goes, I responded to that above.

Thanks to the both of you
6th July 2014, 02:20 PM |#5  
fffft's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 669
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticalism

The play store recognizes the app as still installed and only gives me the option to deactivate the app. When I do that it force closes


If the phone is rooted or if you temporarily root it, you can delete the antivirus app with a file explorer (or from the commamd line).

.
6th July 2014, 02:43 PM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft

If the phone is rooted or if you temporarily root it, you can delete the antivirus app with a file explorer (or from the commamd line).

.

I'll install es file explorer and take care of it that way. Thank you
6th July 2014, 03:39 PM |#7  
fffft's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 669
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticalism

I'll install es file explorer and take care of it that way.


You should find the antivirus app in one of these directories:

/data/app/name.apk
/system/app/name.apk
/system/priv-app/name.apk

.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes