Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Storage

OP calibachrome

3rd July 2014, 09:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 2

111 posts
I have a T-Mobile galaxy s5 stock rooted. I'm having an issue with internal storage. It says I have 5.5g in misc files being used. This was the case before when I had a nandroid backup on there. However I moved it yet the space is still being used although the file is no longer on there. Trying to figure out how I can resolve this and get my storage back.
3rd July 2014, 10:28 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 622

1,978 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibachrome

I have a T-Mobile galaxy s5 stock rooted. I'm having an issue with internal storage. It says I have 5.5g in misc files being used. This was the case before when I had a nandroid backup on there. However I moved it yet the space is still being used although the file is no longer on there. Trying to figure out how I can resolve this and get my storage back.

Well if you moved a Nandoid or other large files and the apparent free space didn't change.. I'd suspect that you copied rather than moved the files. Use a file explorer to confirm whether the Nandroid files are still there or not.

Alternately have a look at the directories that have the largest files and re /move them as appropriate.
You can use various terminal commands to locate the largest files, e.g.

Code:
su
du -a /var | sort -n -r | head -n 10
Code:
su
for i in G M K; do du -aH | grep [0-9]$i | sort -nr -k 1; done | head -n 11
If you still have a mystery, then I suppose file system corruption is possible. Perhaps the easiest way to resolve that would be restoring a known good, full Nandroid backup.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fffft For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Silentrath
6th July 2014, 06:46 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread