Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,301 Members 50,182 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Storage

Tip us?

calibachrome
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Storage

I have a T-Mobile galaxy s5 stock rooted. I'm having an issue with internal storage. It says I have 5.5g in misc files being used. This was the case before when I had a nandroid backup on there. However I moved it yet the space is still being used although the file is no longer on there. Trying to figure out how I can resolve this and get my storage back.

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibachrome View Post
I have a T-Mobile galaxy s5 stock rooted. I'm having an issue with internal storage. It says I have 5.5g in misc files being used. This was the case before when I had a nandroid backup on there. However I moved it yet the space is still being used although the file is no longer on there. Trying to figure out how I can resolve this and get my storage back.

Well if you moved a Nandoid or other large files and the apparent free space didn't change.. I'd suspect that you copied rather than moved the files. Use a file explorer to confirm whether the Nandroid files are still there or not.

Alternately have a look at the directories that have the largest files and re /move them as appropriate.
You can use various terminal commands to locate the largest files, e.g.

Code:
su
du -a /var | sort -n -r | head -n 10
Code:
su
for i in G M K; do du -aH | grep [0-9]$i | sort -nr -k 1; done | head -n 11
If you still have a mystery, then I suppose file system corruption is possible. Perhaps the easiest way to resolve that would be restoring a known good, full Nandroid backup.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fffft For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Silentrath
Old
Thanks Meter 1

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app