How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Are you happy with your S5?

OP JDM Civic EG8

26th August 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 4,439

6,894 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxAtAx

Wait for the Note4, the s5 is a real disappointment.
Especially the childish looking OS, what a real drag!

Note 4 is too big. S5 LTE-A as the base flagship device would have been nice though. Otherwise, i came from the S4 and i love my S5. Overall its smoother, battery lasts forever even when downloading all day. Only down side of the phone is i had to pay for it ha.
26th August 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #12  
Flag Fairfield CA
Thanks Meter: 46

311 posts
More
had good battery life at first then the update killed that, still better than most.
the stock rom has tons of problems glitches errors all that, touchwiz is amazingly bad at everything, the camera is SO bad at focusing and actually taking pictures is a pain, every menu is just a huge wall of choices, no planning or thought went into streamlining TW
music playback skips (still)
tethering will not connect unless using a custom rom
phone slides out of my pocket like it was designed to do it
pixels visible on certain colors because its still a stupid pentile

msg to samsung; please copy the sense 6 msg app exactly, its lightyears ahead of yours

so other than halfway decent battery this phone is disappointing

on my 3rd replacement because data stops working all the time and calls are just pure static but the update fixed that
27th August 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 5

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aburgthing

I recently made the jump both to T-Mobile from Verizon and the Galaxy S5 from the S3.

I did the same thing for all 5 of our lines (ETF pay off was the draw). The S5 is a great device. My mother has an S3 and the screen now looks small compared to the S5. The S5 has fantastic battery life and is very responsive in everything it does.

Very happy with the S5.

Also very happy with T-Mobile.
29th August 2014, 12:40 AM   |  #14  
Flag North Texas
Thanks Meter: 75

423 posts
More
Overall I'm happy and would do it again.
I have to agree about the camera focus issue.....esp. closeups. I kind of think the the s4 camera was a bit better.
And I've had the s3, s4 and s5 and have always disliked the side button. The s5 is worst of all. I constantly look down at my pocket and my phone is doing things, like I pulled it out one time and it had brought itself into the playstore(!!!).....It has made multiple pocket calls on it's own. No kidding. I think I'm pressing the side button while slipping it into my pocket.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread