[Q] Need Keyguard.apk

OP turbomonkey80

12th July 2014, 02:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag OKC
Thanks Meter: 2

9 posts
More
I found myself in the wrong forum trying to install the wrong stuff yesterday. I found a thread for custom fingerprint scanner icons on the sgs5. I followed the directions to install the one I liked to the T. Including making a backup of the original file. Unfortunately, it wasn't the G900T. I rebooted, and got a VERY persistent "com.android.systemui has stopped" message, and couldn't do anything. So I booted to the factory recovery, and performed a Factory Reset.

Long story short....... The Factory Reset deleted the original Keyguard.apk, and I need a new one. Could someone please upload it for me, so I don't have to Odin the whole Firmware?

I've read, and learned a lot here at XDA, but this is my first call for HELP!!!!!!

EDIT: I forgot to mention. The phone is rooted, but still using Stock Rom. The file is located in root\system\priv-app.
My new phone is rendered useless until this issue is resolved.
Last edited by turbomonkey80; 12th July 2014 at 04:02 AM.
13th July 2014, 03:06 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Flag OKC

9 posts
More
Mod. Please delete thread
To anyone that looked at this thread, and at least thought about maybe helping out. Thanks. Decided to just flash TWRP recovery, and Custom Rom. All is well now.
The Following User Says Thank You to turbomonkey80 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th July 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 96

870 posts
You really didn't need to flash a rom for it.
You could have just downloaded one of the stock roms and copy that one file out that you needed.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheArtiszan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th July 2014, 11:02 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 541

1,827 posts
Glad you found a resolution.

Seeking help here usually invokes a need for a certain amount of patience.. after all, not everyone can read every post in every sub forum every day. It can take a few days to fill a random request even on a busy site like XDA.

Don't ask me how long requests need to season for niche topics on smaller forums..

/system/priv-app/Keyguard.apk
Attached Files
File Type: apk Keyguard.apk - [Click for QR Code] (10.54 MB, 68 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to fffft For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th July 2014, 12:49 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag OKC

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArtiszan

You really didn't need to flash a rom for it.
You could have just downloaded one of the stock roms and copy that one file out that you needed.

Yes. I agree. I thought I'd keep the stock ROM on this one, and just modify a few things on it. But since I needed to flash a ROM anyway, I just decided to go with a custom one again.
16th July 2014, 01:00 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag OKC

9 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft

Glad you found a resolution.

Seeking help here usually invokes a need for a certain amount of patience.. after all, not everyone can read every post in every sub forum every day. It can take a few days to fill a random request even on a busy site like XDA.

Don't ask me how long requests need to season for niche topics on smaller forums..

/system/priv-app/Keyguard.apk

I understand that, and wasn't expecting anyone to jump. I just know this is the best place to look for help. As i said in the op. This is my first call for help. I always search as much as possible before posting. Even though I no longer need it. I appreciate you taking the time to get the missing file for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to turbomonkey80 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread