Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 38,644 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mobile odin pro question

Tip us?

*keen*
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Mobile odin pro question

Sorry if this has been answer already. I searched for a answer but couldnt find. My question is can a flash the newest bootloader & modem via Mobile odin pro instead or do i have to use PC Odin? Im not worried about tripping the knox counter if that helps anyone who May answer the question... Thx for all the phone swag the awesome people here at xda make available..

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TheArtiszan
Old
Thanks Meter 81
You can flash the modem with that program but not the bootloader.

Sin Reinheit
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default G900TUVU1BNG3 Update

I plan to update my phone to G900TUVU1BNG3 and keep root. I used the Towelroot approach to root NE6 and my Knox Void Warranty is 0x0 (Not Tripped).

I'm familiar with the approach to updating and retaining root, but I'm confused about the app Mobile Odin Pro. I've read countless threads regarding to updating to G900TUVU1BNG3 using Mobile Odin (on T-Mo forums and Samsung Galaxy S5 forums) but I cannot get a definite answer that using the app will trip Knox. I understand that Mobile Odin has the ability to flash the kernel and modify the bootloader, which would trip Knox.

If I have the choice to avoid tripping Knox, I'd rather go that route. I'm sorry for being tedious and I'm sure that the answer is obvious, but I'm a complete noob.

My question: Will installing and using Mobile Odin Pro to update my phone trip Knox?

I'm guessing that if I avoid selecting the Bootloader and Kernel on Mobile Odin Pro, I should be fine even if I have Mobile Odin Pro installed.

spirodave
Old
Thanks Meter 84

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin Reinheit View Post
I plan to update my phone to G900TUVU1BNG3 and keep root. I used the Towelroot approach to root NE6 and my Knox Void Warranty is 0x0 (Not Tripped).

I'm familiar with the approach to updating and retaining root, but I'm confused about the app Mobile Odin Pro. I've read countless threads regarding to updating to G900TUVU1BNG3 using Mobile Odin (on T-Mo forums and Samsung Galaxy S5 forums) but I cannot get a definite answer that using the app will trip Knox. I understand that Mobile Odin has the ability to flash the kernel and modify the bootloader, which would trip Knox.

If I have the choice to avoid tripping Knox, I'd rather go that route. I'm sorry for being tedious and I'm sure that the answer is obvious, but I'm a complete noob.

My question: Will installing and using Mobile Odin Pro to update my phone trip Knox?

I'm guessing that if I avoid selecting the Bootloader and Kernel on Mobile Odin Pro, I should be fine even if I have Mobile Odin Pro installed.
If you have premium handset protection then i wouldnt worry about tripping Knox. You can throw your phone at a brick wall and it wont void your handset protection. By the way there are plenty of threads about Tmobile not caring if Knox is tripped .Long story short nothing Voids handset protection so if you have it then flash away . Even if you dont I wouldnt worry to much anyway Tmobile never even checks for Knox
The Following User Says Thank You to spirodave For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ashraf sharif
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:

mobile odin will never touch the bootloader. also it will not trip knox
The Following User Says Thank You to ashraf sharif For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sin Reinheit
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G900T

erraggy
Old
Thanks Meter 401

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirodave View Post
If you have premium handset protection then i wouldnt worry about tripping Knox. You can throw your phone at a brick wall and it wont void your handset protection. By the way there are plenty of threads about Tmobile not caring if Knox is tripped .Long story short nothing Voids handset protection so if you have it then flash away . Even if you dont I wouldnt worry to much anyway Tmobile never even checks for Knox
Quote:

@Sin Reinheit, here is the best information I could find regarding t-mobile's policy/procedure for users turning in phones: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=14

Phone: T-Mobile Galaxy S5 (G900T)
ROM: XtreStoLite G900T 1.3.5a
Kernel: KT-SGS5 (v3.4.102 8.14.2014)
Baseband: G900TUVU1BNG4
Bootloader: G900TUVU1BNG4
Recovery: CWM Advanced Edition - PhilZ Touch v6.48.4

The Following User Says Thank You to erraggy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]