Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 51,019 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Lost WiFi Calling and VoLTE After Updating

Tip us?

legendindisguise
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
You can flash just the modem using the PC Odin. I think that is why you weren't able to use WiFi calling and such when upgrading with just mobile odin.
I understand that. But wouldn't PC Odin the firmware include the modem when flashing? I will try just doing the modem next and see how it goes. Thanks for the advice.

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 4,371

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendindisguise View Post
I understand that. But wouldn't PC Odin the firmware include the modem when flashing? I will try just doing the modem next and see how it goes. Thanks for the advice.
It does include the modem, however, they don't always get applied. I know you need to boot to stock recovery after flashing the modem, and the recovery does something, then you can reboot and it should be applied. But I am 99 percent confident that is why those things weren't working for you.

legendindisguise
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
It does include the modem, however, they don't always get applied. I know you need to boot to stock recovery after flashing the modem, and the recovery does something, then you can reboot and it should be applied. But I am 99 percent confident that is why those things weren't working for you.
Cool, thanks for the info and help. I will try flashing tonight and see how it goes and report back.

I appreciate both of you trying to help. I do try to read as much as possible before posting and cluttering the forums, but I could not figure this one out.

Cheers

legendindisguise
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
THANK YOU! That was the issue. Flashing the modem individually and now everything is working as it should. I owe you a beer my friend.

Thanks again.

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 4,371

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendindisguise View Post
THANK YOU! That was the issue. Flashing the modem individually and now everything is working as it should. I owe you a beer my friend.

Thanks again.
I don't drink, but I will definitely take a starbucks or Cinnabon xD Haha glad you got it all resolved! That's what xda is for my friend