Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Lost WiFi Calling and VoLTE After Updating

OP legendindisguise

1st September 2014, 09:38 PM   |  #11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

60 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb

You can flash just the modem using the PC Odin. I think that is why you weren't able to use WiFi calling and such when upgrading with just mobile odin.

I understand that. But wouldn't PC Odin the firmware include the modem when flashing? I will try just doing the modem next and see how it goes. Thanks for the advice.
1st September 2014, 11:11 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 4,469

6,922 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendindisguise

I understand that. But wouldn't PC Odin the firmware include the modem when flashing? I will try just doing the modem next and see how it goes. Thanks for the advice.

It does include the modem, however, they don't always get applied. I know you need to boot to stock recovery after flashing the modem, and the recovery does something, then you can reboot and it should be applied. But I am 99 percent confident that is why those things weren't working for you.
1st September 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #13  
OP Member

60 posts
Quote:

It does include the modem, however, they don't always get applied. I know you need to boot to stock recovery after flashing the modem, and the recovery does something, then you can reboot and it should be applied. But I am 99 percent confident that is why those things weren't working for you.

Cool, thanks for the info and help. I will try flashing tonight and see how it goes and report back.

I appreciate both of you trying to help. I do try to read as much as possible before posting and cluttering the forums, but I could not figure this one out.

Cheers
3rd September 2014, 03:40 AM   |  #14  
OP Member

60 posts
Quote:

THANK YOU! That was the issue. Flashing the modem individually and now everything is working as it should. I owe you a beer my friend.

Thanks again.
3rd September 2014, 03:44 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 4,469

6,922 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

THANK YOU! That was the issue. Flashing the modem individually and now everything is working as it should. I owe you a beer my friend.

Thanks again.

I don't drink, but I will definitely take a starbucks or Cinnabon xD Haha glad you got it all resolved! That's what xda is for my friend
26th September 2014, 08:56 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 3

49 posts
heya Legend,
I just had the same thing happen to me today when i ran pc odin to upgrade to NH5. I previously was stock rooted with NG3 and everything worked fine. Ran the firmware, rebooted to download and then installed bootloader. wifi calling was sitting at Greyed out saying enabling. never would turn on. installed TWRP 2.8 to wipe cache and dalvik and also ran a fix permissions. at that point phone wouldnt reboot, sat at Galaxy s5 splash screen. pulled battery, went back and tried to wipe again. still hung at splash. so i downgraded back to NG3 doing firmware, then bootloader. now phone boots fine but wifi calling still will not turn on. Which sucks because i just got my personal Cellspot up and runnin yesterday.
Can you tell me exactly what you did to get your wifi calling running again? or anyone else have any ideas/thoughts?

Thanks in advance
erider
26th September 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #17  
OP Member

60 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erider

heya Legend,
I just had the same thing happen to me today when i ran pc odin to upgrade to NH5. I previously was stock rooted with NG3 and everything worked fine. Ran the firmware, rebooted to download and then installed bootloader. wifi calling was sitting at Greyed out saying enabling. never would turn on. installed TWRP 2.8 to wipe cache and dalvik and also ran a fix permissions. at that point phone wouldnt reboot, sat at Galaxy s5 splash screen. pulled battery, went back and tried to wipe again. still hung at splash. so i downgraded back to NG3 doing firmware, then bootloader. now phone boots fine but wifi calling still will not turn on. Which sucks because i just got my personal Cellspot up and runnin yesterday.
Can you tell me exactly what you did to get your wifi calling running again? or anyone else have any ideas/thoughts?

Thanks in advance
erider

I used PC Odin to just install the modem. Technically the firmware flash should load the modem but it didn't work for me.

This is what was recommended to me and it fixed the problem.
26th September 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #18  

49 posts
Damn, that did not work for me. tried flashing a few different modems too.

Quote:

I used PC Odin to just install the modem. Technically the firmware flash should load the modem but it didn't work for me.

This is what was recommended to me and it fixed the problem.

28th September 2014, 02:08 AM   |  #19  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 219

640 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erider

Damn, that did not work for me. tried flashing a few different modems too.

When you flashed the modems are you sure they actually installed? A lot of people are having problems with getting modems to stick when flashed. You have to pull the battery for several seconds before you boot into download mode then flash the modem, and after it boot go to your about device screen to make sure you have the new modem.
29th September 2014, 04:43 AM   |  #20  

49 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspears

When you flashed the modems are you sure they actually installed? A lot of people are having problems with getting modems to stick when flashed. You have to pull the battery for several seconds before you boot into download mode then flash the modem, and after it boot go to your about device screen to make sure you have the new modem.

Yeah i got into the habit of pulling battery every time i've flashed modems on this phone just for that reason. :/

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread