Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,862 Members 44,761 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] manual update question

Tip us?
 
nubsgohard
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 19
Join Date: May 2014
Default [q] manual update question

Hello all, I have a question that I hope isn't already answered.

I have my T-Mobile galaxy S5 and I had rooted it and flashed roms, the whole nine yards... I then un-rooted it and flashed the stock rom (the most current at the time).

It has been a couple months since I have updated it because as you guys know, once you root your phone, you no longer get any OTA updates...

So my question is, if I go from the current stock T-Mobile build that I am on (G900TUVU1ANCH) to the most current one, correct me if I am wrong, (G900TUVU1BNG3) will I miss out on anything from the releases before that? Like I know that T-Mobile added the VoLTE software in the release before this one... if I skip that release for the new one, will I not receive that software? Do the new builds add on to the previous ones?

Thank you for your responses!
 
tp2215
Old
#2  
tp2215's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2,876
Posts: 1,747
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Orlando

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubsgohard View Post
Hello all, I have a question that I hope isn't already answered.

I have my T-Mobile galaxy S5 and I had rooted it and flashed roms, the whole nine yards... I then un-rooted it and flashed the stock rom (the most current at the time).

It has been a couple months since I have updated it because as you guys know, once you root your phone, you no longer get any OTA updates...

So my question is, if I go from the current stock T-Mobile build that I am on (G900TUVU1ANCH) to the most current one, correct me if I am wrong, (G900TUVU1BNG3) will I miss out on anything from the releases before that? Like I know that T-Mobile added the VoLTE software in the release before this one... if I skip that release for the new one, will I not receive that software? Do the new builds add on to the previous ones?

Thank you for your responses!
No, the latest version of the firmware is the whole firmware. It should include the whole system with all updates etc.
My Current Projects::

<------ If you like my work please hit thanks or donate!
My Devices::
Samsung Galaxy S5 -
Samsung Galaxy S3 - B&N Nook Color (Modified)
My Threads::
The Ultimate Android Ported Apps Directory!
T-Mobile Galaxy S5 Tips And Tricks Thread
The Following User Says Thank You to tp2215 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nubsgohard
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 19
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp2215 View Post
No, the latest version of the firmware is the whole firmware. It should include the whole system with all updates etc.
Ok, so then I am good to install the latest firmware, SKIPPING any of the ones in-between?
Thank you for your reply!!
 
tp2215
Old
#4  
tp2215's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2,876
Posts: 1,747
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Orlando

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubsgohard View Post
Ok, so then I am good to install the latest firmware, SKIPPING any of the ones in-between?
Thank you for your reply!!
yup, just install the latest and your good.
My Current Projects::

<------ If you like my work please hit thanks or donate!
My Devices::
Samsung Galaxy S5 -
Samsung Galaxy S3 - B&N Nook Color (Modified)
My Threads::
The Ultimate Android Ported Apps Directory!
T-Mobile Galaxy S5 Tips And Tricks Thread
 
fffft
Old
#5  
fffft's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 414
Posts: 1,559
Join Date: Jul 2013
As the earlier reply suggested, you do not need to install all of the firmware versions that have been released. The most current, full firmware image will be a stand alone and full featured set of features. If you find any feature missing, it would only be because Samsung or the carrier depreciated it and do not intend that feature to be available on any future firmware releases either.

So you just need to flash the most current firmware.

.
Tags
build, gs5, ota, ota updates, tmobile
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes