Best Alarm App for Android?

There are tons of choices to choose from when looking for a great alarm app for Android. While the stock … more

Unofficial CM12.1 Available for Moto E 2014

While Motorola is yet to release a final 5.0.2 build for the Moto E 2014, XDA Senior … more

Pinsy Brings Social Sketching To Your Watch & Phone

Did you watch Apple’s VP draw on his wrist during the Apple Watch announcement … more

CyanogenMod 12.1 for Samsung Galaxy S5

Android 5.1 is slowly putting its mark in the custom ROM world. CyanogenMod 12.1 is available to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Samsung Account update notification

10th July 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #1  
joking's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
462 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Today I'm keep getting "Samsung Account update" on the notification on my phone. I click on it and it went away but then come back 5 minutes later.

Anyone has that issue?
10th July 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
425 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Lightbulb yes
...that issue haunted me for days now and just today i went to the samsung apps app and it asked me again this time it downloaded and updated the new galaxy apps since thats what it will be called now.

..so just do what i did and it will all be good


Quote:
Originally Posted by joking

Today I'm keep getting "Samsung Account update" on the notification on my phone. I click on it and it went away but then come back 5 minutes later.

Anyone has that issue?

The Following User Says Thank You to geedos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th July 2014, 07:55 PM   |  #3  
joking's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
462 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geedos

...that issue haunted me for days now and just today i went to the samsung apps app and it asked me again this time it downloaded and updated the new galaxy apps since thats what it will be called now.

..so just do what i did and it will all be good

Ahh, it only update once the apps opened. Thanks.
10th July 2014, 11:24 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
230 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
I updated and i still get it. So i click it then it freezes my phone until i black out the screen then unlock it again.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
10th July 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #5  
joking's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
462 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SukDeezNutz

I updated and i still get it. So i click it then it freezes my phone until i black out the screen then unlock it again.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I think you have to go to profile then run the update. Once you see "Samsung Apps" change to "GALAXY Apps" in the Apps Draws then you're good.
12th July 2014, 07:53 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SukDeezNutz

I updated and i still get it. So i click it then it freezes my phone until i black out the screen then unlock it again.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I also had the same problem of freezing after selecting the notification.... But you can just hit the back or home button to unfreeze the screen. I ended up just removing my Samsung account from the phone then adding it right back and finally the update downloaded. This was a separate update from the Galaxy Apps.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes