Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 36,076 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Account update notification

Tip us?
 
joking
Old
#1  
joking's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 451
Join Date: Oct 2007
Question Samsung Account update notification

Today I'm keep getting "Samsung Account update" on the notification on my phone. I click on it and it went away but then come back 5 minutes later.

Anyone has that issue?
 
geedos
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 423
Join Date: Nov 2011
Lightbulb yes

...that issue haunted me for days now and just today i went to the samsung apps app and it asked me again this time it downloaded and updated the new galaxy apps since thats what it will be called now.

..so just do what i did and it will all be good


Quote:
Originally Posted by joking View Post
Today I'm keep getting "Samsung Account update" on the notification on my phone. I click on it and it went away but then come back 5 minutes later.

Anyone has that issue?
The Following User Says Thank You to geedos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
joking
Old
#3  
joking's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 451
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by geedos View Post
...that issue haunted me for days now and just today i went to the samsung apps app and it asked me again this time it downloaded and updated the new galaxy apps since thats what it will be called now.

..so just do what i did and it will all be good
Ahh, it only update once the apps opened. Thanks.
 
SukDeezNutz
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 206
Join Date: Mar 2010
I updated and i still get it. So i click it then it freezes my phone until i black out the screen then unlock it again.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
T-Mobile MyTouch 3g
T-Mobile Galaxy S II - Sold
T-Mobile Galaxy S4 - Sold
T-Mobile Galaxy S5
 
joking
Old
#5  
joking's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 451
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SukDeezNutz View Post
I updated and i still get it. So i click it then it freezes my phone until i black out the screen then unlock it again.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I think you have to go to profile then run the update. Once you see "Samsung Apps" change to "GALAXY Apps" in the Apps Draws then you're good.
 
Shwimdroid
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SukDeezNutz View Post
I updated and i still get it. So i click it then it freezes my phone until i black out the screen then unlock it again.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I also had the same problem of freezing after selecting the notification.... But you can just hit the back or home button to unfreeze the screen. I ended up just removing my Samsung account from the phone then adding it right back and finally the update downloaded. This was a separate update from the Galaxy Apps.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more

MultiROM Makes Its Way to the LG G2

Over the last few weeks, we’ve seen quite a fewflagship (and former flagship) devicesget to … more

Jair Player with a Major Update–Here’s What’s New!

Back in May, we talked a bit aboutJair Player, a nice looking music … more