Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,340 Members 43,369 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Gs5 from t-mobile on att

Tip us?

tupirujp
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 221
Default Gs5 from t-mobile on att

How or where do I unlock one of these phone to use it on att network .. I'm on California .... help please .. the from from att has the lock s*****

risestar2
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Buy the phone from T-Mobile, unlock it via on of the reliable online unlocking services, unlock the phone. If you have an existing AT&T account with LTE, its easy as slipping in the sim. If not, its a little trickier, AT&T will generally restrict non-AT&T phones to 3G/4G --> No LTE. If you are activating a new account, you will need to provide them an IMEI from an AT&T branded phone with LTE, they will then provision your account for LTE service. Some people use a fiends old AT&T LTE phone, or from another source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupirujp View Post
How or where do I unlock one of these phone to use it on att network .. I'm on California .... help please .. the from from att has the lock s*****

rfb813
Old
Thanks Meter 548
[QUOTE=tupirujp;52170703]How or where do I unlock one of these phone to use it on att network .. I'm on California .... help please .. the from from att has the lock s*****[/QUOTE

Bought the S5 from Tmobile today and got home and went to cellunlocker (http://www.cellunlocker.net/). Within an hour I got the unlock code, slipped in my ATT sim, unlocked the phone, set the ATT APN and got 4G/LTE speeds. After that rooted and installed TWRP.

MattMJB0188
Old
Thanks Meter 164
[QUOTE=rfb813;52172743]
Quote:
How or where do I unlock one of these phone to use it on att network .. I'm on California .... help please .. the from from att has the lock s*****[/QUOTE

Bought the S5 from Tmobile today and got home and went to cellunlocker (http://www.cellunlocker.net/). Within an hour I got the unlock code, slipped in my ATT sim, unlocked the phone, set the ATT APN and got 4G/LTE speeds. After that rooted and installed TWRP.
How is reception, LTE speeds? What was the cost of the phone before taxes? $660?

tupirujp
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 221
[QUOTE=rfb813;52172743]
Quote:
How or where do I unlock one of these phone to use it on att network .. I'm on California .... help please .. the from from att has the lock s*****[/QUOTE

Tnkx you so much 😄

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

seattleboi1982
Old
(Last edited by seattleboi1982; 25th April 2014 at 07:58 AM.) Reason: correct spelling
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by risestar2 View Post
Buy the phone from T-Mobile, unlock it via on of the reliable online unlocking services, unlock the phone. If you have an existing AT&T account with LTE, its easy as slipping in the sim. If not, its a little trickier, AT&T will generally restrict non-AT&T phones to 3G/4G --> No LTE. If you are activating a new account, you will need to provide them an IMEI from an AT&T branded phone with LTE, they will then provision your account for LTE service. Some people use a fiends old AT&T LTE phone, or from another source.
Actually, it shows up as a SM-G900T and i do get LTE after i gave them my IMEI. you do, however, have to manually enter in the APN settings:

Name: ATT Phone
APN: phone
Proxy: not set
Port: Not set
Username: not set
Password: notset
server: not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
Multimedia message proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
Multimedia message port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 420
Authentication typw: None
APN type: default, supl, mms,hpri,fota
APN protocol: IPv4
APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
Mobile vrtual network operator: not set
The Evolution:
Siemens SX56, SX66 | Cingular 3125, 8125, 8525 | T-Mobile SDA | BlackBerry 8700c | Bold 9000, 9700 | Treo 750 | HTC Tilt 2, Fuze | LG-GW820, Incite | Samsung Infuse | iPhone, 3G, 4 | Motorola Atrix w/webtop dock Desire Z, Vivid | next phone goes here...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seattleboi1982 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mocsab
Old
Thanks Meter 626
Quote:
I have a TMOBILE S5 - I didnt' want to wait for the "Free way" of unlocking a sim card so I purchased the code form a web site that offers this - there may be a free way to do this sometime soon - but I didn;t have the patience to wait - do a GOOGLE SEARCH - you'll find several that offer this service.

I have no restrictions on my phone - 3G/4G/LTE - awesome speeds on ATT LTE network - =
My Phone Galaxy S5 G900T
My Rom: CM 11 | AOKP | PAC MAN
My Recovery: TWRP
Kernel: KT-SGS5 - with KTWEAKER
My Carrier - ATT

Former Devices: ☆Galaxy Note 3☆HTC ONE☆Galaxy S IV☆Galaxy Note II☆Galaxy S3☆EVO 4g LTE☆Nexus☆Epic 4G☆Treo(W)☆Palm Treo☆(P)

risestar2
Old
Thanks Meter 13
If you have an existing AT&T account, its easy. The trickier part is if you are a new customer, the T-Mobile S5 IMEI wont be registered in their database as an LTE device, so it will default to non-LTE speeds.

Some people have had success with really helpful non-corporate AT&T stores at adding the non AT&T branded phone into the database, but most won't and so you need to get creative. You'd probably have better luck convincing an independent dealer to do this, like a mall kiosk etc. as they will want the commission from the activation. Some people have had luck using the IMEI from a demo phone at the store (Can be from any LTE device), or a friends old device etc.

The key is that it needs to be an AT&T branded LTE phone so your account can be correctly provisioned with LTE, otherwise you will be stuck in 4G land. Another way you can do it is also to call in later and switch the IMEI to an AT&T LTE device, get the account provisioned and then put the sim in the T-Mobile S5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattleboi1982 View Post
Actually, it shows up as a SM-G900T and i do get LTE after i gave them my IMEI. you do, however, have to manually enter in the APN settings:

Name: ATT Phone
APN: phone
Proxy: not set
Port: Not set
Username: not set
Password: notset
server: not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
Multimedia message proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
Multimedia message port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 420
Authentication typw: None
APN type: default, supl, mms,hpri,fota
APN protocol: IPv4
APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
Mobile vrtual network operator: not set

seattleboi1982
Old
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
If you have an existing AT&T account, its easy. The trickier part is if you are a new customer, the T-Mobile S5 IMEI wont be registered in their database as an LTE device, so it will default to non-LTE speeds.

Some people have had success with really helpful non-corporate AT&T stores at adding the non AT&T branded phone into the database, but most won't and so you need to get creative. You'd probably have better luck convincing an independent dealer to do this, like a mall kiosk etc. as they will want the commission from the activation. Some people have had luck using the IMEI from a demo phone at the store (Can be from any LTE device), or a friends old device etc.

The key is that it needs to be an AT&T branded LTE phone so your account can be correctly provisioned with LTE, otherwise you will be stuck in 4G land. Another way you can do it is also to call in later and switch the IMEI to an AT&T LTE device, get the account provisioned and then put the sim in the T-Mobile S5.

That's not true, it does register as an LTE device. i gave them my IMEI off the T-mobile Galaxy S5 and they added it to the biller, and then asked them what does it show up as in the biller, they read it off as a Samsung SM-G900T. not a Samsung SM-G900A. Heck, even my Nexus 5 shows up as it should as a LG D820, which is the model.
The Evolution:
Siemens SX56, SX66 | Cingular 3125, 8125, 8525 | T-Mobile SDA | BlackBerry 8700c | Bold 9000, 9700 | Treo 750 | HTC Tilt 2, Fuze | LG-GW820, Incite | Samsung Infuse | iPhone, 3G, 4 | Motorola Atrix w/webtop dock Desire Z, Vivid | next phone goes here...

Jtrain88
Old
Thanks Meter 302

DONATE TO ME
Well just to let everyone know. I bought an unlock code from unlockfusion and 48 hours later it still hasn't arrived but I bought one from cellunlocker.net and my phone is now unlocked

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app