Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Issues

OP nviz22

10th July 2014, 07:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19

548 posts
Hi, I am considering buying the GS5. Does it have any issues? Last time I bought a Galaxy Note 3 from AT&T, the GPS was awful from start to finish. I just need to be aware of issues with this phone, thanks.
10th July 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #2  
Aurora
Thanks Meter: 46

913 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nviz22

Hi, I am considering buying the GS5. Does it have any issues? Last time I bought a Galaxy Note 3 from AT&T, the GPS was awful from start to finish. I just need to be aware of issues with this phone, thanks.

Only issues I've seen is that there are no issues.. Lol..

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
10th July 2014, 09:51 PM   |  #3  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 931

3,139 posts
More
Not really...the only slight problem is with all Samsung phones and that is it creaks a bit
10th July 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 6

50 posts
I've had a lot of battery issues with mine and many are praising the 4-5 day battery life that i've never been able to obtain. I only get about a day maybe 1.5
10th July 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #5  
Flag California

3,139 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Shore

I've had a lot of battery issues with mine and many are praising the 4-5 day battery life that i've never been able to obtain. I only get about a day maybe 1.5

Nobody gets 4-5 days on battery.
10th July 2014, 11:01 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 6

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga

Nobody gets 4-5 days on battery.

My co-worker has a Verizon s5 and his lasted 9 days on a battery with less than 10% left.

I saw the battery statistics with my own eyes.

So what the F#$* is wrong with these phones? Some do well and others don't? I've been through one replacement already, 3 batteries which said OEM (Ebay buy in USA) and have one on the way tomorrow.

I absolutely love android, and I love Iphone too and this is mountains better in battery life compared to my iphone but Knox and the wierd androidOS/system usage probably related to CarrierIQ are huge downers for me
10th July 2014, 11:05 PM   |  #7  
Flag California

3,139 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Shore

My co-worker has a Verizon s5 and his lasted 9 days on a battery with less than 10% left.

I saw the battery statistics with my own eyes.

So what the F#$* is wrong with these phones? Some do well and others don't? I've been through one replacement already, 3 batteries which said OEM (Ebay buy in USA) and have one on the way tomorrow.

I absolutely love android, and I love Iphone too and this is mountains better in battery life compared to my iphone but Knox and the wierd androidOS/system usage probably related to CarrierIQ are huge downers for me

Does he have an extended battery? No way this phone lasts for 9 days unless he uses it 5 minutes a day or something.
11th July 2014, 05:07 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19

548 posts
I made my return to T-Mobile and got the S5. Black 16 GB, but smaller than my Note 3 capacity, but still a good phone. Going to pick it up tomorrow after a system issue that wouldn't let me pay .
11th July 2014, 05:36 AM   |  #9  
Flag sOmE WhErE
Thanks Meter: 94

394 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga

Does he have an extended battery? No way this phone lasts for 9 days unless he uses it 5 minutes a day or something.

may be he used the ultra power saving mode, battery can last that long if used that mode.
11th July 2014, 05:42 AM   |  #10  
Flag Colorado Springs, CO
Thanks Meter: 106

1,061 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nviz22

Battery cover issues, wifi calling issues. Besides that good phone. Nothing like my gs3 which was the best phone I've owned. A bit disappointed in this one.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread