FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[Q] Issues

610 posts
Thanks Meter: 28

By nviz22, Senior Member on 10th July 2014, 06:06 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi, I am considering buying the GS5. Does it have any issues? Last time I bought a Galaxy Note 3 from AT&T, the GPS was awful from start to finish. I just need to be aware of issues with this phone, thanks.

10th July 2014, 06:24 PM |#2  
Aurora
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nviz22

Hi, I am considering buying the GS5. Does it have any issues? Last time I bought a Galaxy Note 3 from AT&T, the GPS was awful from start to finish. I just need to be aware of issues with this phone, thanks.

Only issues I've seen is that there are no issues.. Lol..

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
10th July 2014, 08:51 PM |#3  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 971

More
Not really...the only slight problem is with all Samsung phones and that is it creaks a bit
10th July 2014, 09:11 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I've had a lot of battery issues with mine and many are praising the 4-5 day battery life that i've never been able to obtain. I only get about a day maybe 1.5
10th July 2014, 09:34 PM |#5  
Flag California

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Shore

I've had a lot of battery issues with mine and many are praising the 4-5 day battery life that i've never been able to obtain. I only get about a day maybe 1.5

Nobody gets 4-5 days on battery.
10th July 2014, 10:01 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga

Nobody gets 4-5 days on battery.

My co-worker has a Verizon s5 and his lasted 9 days on a battery with less than 10% left.

I saw the battery statistics with my own eyes.

So what the F#$* is wrong with these phones? Some do well and others don't? I've been through one replacement already, 3 batteries which said OEM (Ebay buy in USA) and have one on the way tomorrow.

I absolutely love android, and I love Iphone too and this is mountains better in battery life compared to my iphone but Knox and the wierd androidOS/system usage probably related to CarrierIQ are huge downers for me
10th July 2014, 10:05 PM |#7  
Flag California

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Shore

My co-worker has a Verizon s5 and his lasted 9 days on a battery with less than 10% left.

I saw the battery statistics with my own eyes.

So what the F#$* is wrong with these phones? Some do well and others don't? I've been through one replacement already, 3 batteries which said OEM (Ebay buy in USA) and have one on the way tomorrow.

I absolutely love android, and I love Iphone too and this is mountains better in battery life compared to my iphone but Knox and the wierd androidOS/system usage probably related to CarrierIQ are huge downers for me

Does he have an extended battery? No way this phone lasts for 9 days unless he uses it 5 minutes a day or something.
11th July 2014, 04:07 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
I made my return to T-Mobile and got the S5. Black 16 GB, but smaller than my Note 3 capacity, but still a good phone. Going to pick it up tomorrow after a system issue that wouldn't let me pay .
11th July 2014, 04:36 AM |#9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga

Does he have an extended battery? No way this phone lasts for 9 days unless he uses it 5 minutes a day or something.

may be he used the ultra power saving mode, battery can last that long if used that mode.
11th July 2014, 04:42 AM |#10  
Flag Colorado Springs, CO
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nviz22

Battery cover issues, wifi calling issues. Besides that good phone. Nothing like my gs3 which was the best phone I've owned. A bit disappointed in this one.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app
11th July 2014, 04:54 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjlean

Battery cover issues, wifi calling issues. Besides that good phone. Nothing like my gs3 which was the best phone I've owned. A bit disappointed in this one.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

Wi-Fi Calling issues? I got that phone just for that feature over Sprint and Verizon .

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread