Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Stuck in Ultra Power Saving Mode.

OP Kayden96

24th August 2014, 02:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

48 posts
I've been using nova launcher for months and finally uninstalled the stock S launcher. Today, I went to put my phone into ultra power saving mode and now I cannot exit it. If I get a notification, I can switch to that app and get into system settings, but I cannot exit ultra power saving mode. Without a notification, I can't even turn the screen off. The home button does nothing (no launcher) and the UPSM toggle is missing from the notification window.

So, my question is- does anyone have the stock APK for the Samsung launcher -OR- know an ADB command or some other way to get out of UPSM?
24th August 2014, 11:05 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 538

1,823 posts
You didn't say whether you looked at the full quick settings palette or just the selected tiles subset? You should find the power saving tile on the full palette. Also does the phone exit UPSM when you fully charge the phone battery?

If that doesn't work, then just download the firmware for your phone and you can extract the stock launcher with winrar.

24th August 2014, 03:24 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft

You didn't say whether you looked at the full quick settings palette or just the selected tiles subset? You should find the power saving tile on the full palette. Also does the phone exit UPSM when you fully charge the phone battery?

If that doesn't work, then just download the firmware for your phone and you can extract the stock launcher with winrar.

There are no settings tiles. After I get a notification, I can pull down the notification screen (not before) and hit the gear to get the settings page. In there, there's only wifi, bluetooth, airplane mode, mobile networks, location, sound, and brightness. There's no way to get rid of UPSM.

Fully charging it didn't work. Fully discharging it didn't work. Wiping cache and dalvik didn't work.

Can you provide a link to the file in question? I'm not entirely clear on your terminology. I thought the firmware was just for the radio and such while the rom had the program files?
24th August 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4,407

6,846 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayden96

There are no settings tiles. After I get a notification, I can pull down the notification screen (not before) and hit the gear to get the settings page. In there, there's only wifi, bluetooth, airplane mode, mobile networks, location, sound, and brightness. There's no way to get rid of UPSM.

Fully charging it didn't work. Fully discharging it didn't work. Wiping cache and dalvik didn't work.

Can you provide a link to the file in question? I'm not entirely clear on your terminology. I thought the firmware was just for the radio and such while the rom had the program files?

Have you rebooted? Usually does it for me.
24th August 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

48 posts
I tried taking the battery out, restoring my SYSTEM backup from a few months ago, upgrading to a newer version of the stock rom, and nothing works.

Everything I've tried ends up with the phone going back into UPSM with no way to leave it.
24th August 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 4,407

6,846 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I tried taking the battery out, restoring my SYSTEM backup from a few months ago, upgrading to a newer version of the stock rom, and nothing works.

Everything I've tried ends up with the phone going back into UPSM with no way to leave it.

If you are using TWRP there is a file manager under advanced. Use that to navigate to the /system/app directory and rename "Emergency" apk to have .back appended to the end after the .apk. This will "hide" it from the system and should disable it. Btw the name of the apk has Emergency in it i don't recall the exact name of it though.
24th August 2014, 07:37 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 538

1,823 posts
Quote:

Can you provide a link to the file in question?

No we can't. And the reason that we can't is that you didn't provide any details about your phone. The firmware is different for every model of S5 and carrier. We don't know if you have a 900T, 900F, 900A or some other S5 version. We can't see your phone and can do little unless you provide extensive details.

Simply go to a firmware site like sammobile, click on firmware and enter the model number of your phone. Or do a search of this forum. Then use the Odin program to write that firmware (factory software) to your phone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread