Ask a question

No registration required

Tethering and data usage .. vs my lg g2

OP tri0xinn

11th July 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27

360 posts
I've rooted and put a stock android rom on my lg g2.. would like to get the galaxy s5 for the samoled screen and the gps.. lg g2 gps is weak inconsistent and inaccurate especially for running. Anyway I'm only switching if I can install tetherfy and wifi tether without using wifi hotspot data. This keeps me from having to connect an hdmi and streaming Netflix/tunein/vudu that way.. Is this possible on the gs5 yet?
11th July 2014, 05:08 AM   |  #2  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 930

3,138 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tri0xinn

I've rooted and put a stock android rom on my lg g2.. would like to get the galaxy s5 for the samoled screen and the gps.. lg g2 gps is weak inconsistent and inaccurate especially for running. Anyway I'm only switching if I can install tetherfy and wifi tether without using wifi hotspot data. This keeps me from having to connect an hdmi and streaming Netflix/tunein/vudu that way.. Is this possible on the gs5 yet?

You mean tethering without tmobile seeing it as you teterhing? You can just flash Beans' rom in the dev section. It's pretty much stock.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2789850

Just a tip though, my S5 has pathetic GPS as well, so try it out before you buy one.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread