Firestorm Kernel V3 Preview

Wait for V3 to be complete or release another beta?

• Release V3 Beta (Highly possible of bugs)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Maqical

Jun 5, 2012
Here's whats been going on, I have been working on Firestorm very limited amount due to two insanely hard college classes, with volunteering hours again this semester for my Internship.

V4 is looking like this;
Back to EPH2 Sources
Still sabermod
Sweep 2 Wake & Sweep 2 Sleep (fixed by me) but also removed by me due to the fact I don't like the way Sweep 2 Sleep is handled and touchbox is very small
Replaced Sweep 2 Sleep With Pressing both captive buttons (home and back) at the same time = sleep
Some general fixes
Less time to enter deep sleep
A few battery tweaks
Full Synapse support for flat and edge
Played with some LMK and Ram settings

The reason I have been MIA is indeed school, I also received my new screen in the mail today and have to replace it later this evening or tomorrow.

Honestly when I say I am working on something or a fix, and haven't released it due to it not being fully tested, I have lost quite a bit of motivation when I am trying my best to create a flawless kernel at how I like it, and create patches and fixes to get some originality for me and someone else does it and it ends up not even working.

I will finish developing for the S6 and S6 Edge as I got a pm and was told I had the only working Edge kernel outside of TMO edge models? I am interested in the New Google Nexus device and will probably be getting it as my next because I want to expand my knowledge, and with all the new phones becoming locked, I think Nexus is the way to go for me.

I will still blind build a few updates once that device comes out (probably a few months) But this will eventually stop especially with things that have been going on, my motivation is at maybe a 10% now.

FQuimson23

Nov 22, 2015
Las Vegas
Here's whats been going on, I have been working on Firestorm very limited amount due to two insanely hard college classes, with volunteering hours again this semester for my Internship.

V4 is looking like this;
Back to EPH2 Sources
Still sabermod
Sweep 2 Wake & Sweep 2 Sleep (fixed by me) but also removed by me due to the fact I don't like the way Sweep 2 Sleep is handled and touchbox is very small
Replaced Sweep 2 Sleep With Pressing both captive buttons (home and back) at the same time = sleep
Some general fixes
Less time to enter deep sleep
A few battery tweaks
Full Synapse support for flat and edge
Played with some LMK and Ram settings

The reason I have been MIA is indeed school, I also received my new screen in the mail today and have to replace it later this evening or tomorrow.

Honestly when I say I am working on something or a fix, and haven't released it due to it not being fully tested, I have lost quite a bit of motivation when I am trying my best to create a flawless kernel at how I like it, and create patches and fixes to get some originality for me and someone else does it and it ends up not even working.

I will finish developing for the S6 and S6 Edge as I got a pm and was told I had the only working Edge kernel outside of TMO edge models? I am interested in the New Google Nexus device and will probably be getting it as my next because I want to expand my knowledge, and with all the new phones becoming locked, I think Nexus is the way to go for me.

I will still blind build a few updates once that device comes out (probably a few months) But this will eventually stop especially with things that have been going on, my motivation is at maybe a 10% now.

It's good to hear from you, its been a while! Take your time, it'll be all worth it in the end. Although, I might have issues with the sweep 2 sleep change you made since my capacitive buttons actually act up, a toggle for the mod would be nice, if possible.

Glad to hear that your new screen came in as well. And I might be getting the new Nexus device or the OnePlus 3 very soon.

Reactions: Maqical

Maqical

Jun 5, 2012
It's good to hear from you, its been a while! Take your time, it'll be all worth it in the end. Although, I might have issues with the sweep 2 sleep change you made since my capacitive buttons actually act up, a toggle for the mod would be nice, if possible.

Glad to hear that your new screen came in as well. And I might be getting the new Nexus device or the OnePlus 3 very soon.

I'll see what I can do about a toggle maybe, although I think it's 1 or the other.. I'll mess with it.

After hearing horror stories about OnePlus devices, I'm just gonna go nexus, so much more development and first to get updates on Android

FQuimson23

Nov 22, 2015
Las Vegas
I'll see what I can do about a toggle maybe, although I think it's 1 or the other.. I'll mess with it.

After hearing horror stories about OnePlus devices, I'm just gonna go nexus, so much more development and first to get updates on Android

Yeah, I'm waiting for the Nexus launch first then I'll decide then. I'll still be able to help out on s6 edge for awhile when I get a new device, since I'm going to keep it for a little bit.

Anyways, thanks for looking for a solution to the sweep 2 sleep. :good: I'm starting to get irritated by my s6 edge always spamming the multiwindow button all the time.

Maqical

Jun 5, 2012
Update should be in about a week, maybe two, depending on how much time I have and problems I run into..

The reason why is;

I'm doing a complete rebuild with new methods of the way stuff is managed and handled, so my kernel can no longer be called a "clone"

If you guys can't notice the drama did really put a lack on my motivation, I was pumping out builds after build, trying to fix stuff.. updating asap.

I have completely gutted my project, and my files and starting fresh and new..

Update will be well worth it, and I'll reach out to my testers when time may be, but I think I will stick to my personal testing, because alot of you really like what I choose how my kernel runs and does at my preference and the only way I can do that.. is well.. me trying new stuff and testing it lol.

The update I already had planned for V4 is nice.. Everything all ironed out except 2 bugs.

V4.1 should be bugfree, and perfect for everyones usage the way they want to use their device and stable with newest sources.

Thank you everyone for being extremely understanding and waiting quite awhile. But, it will be worth it.

D_Rail

May 20, 2014
Loving this kernel buddy! Lionheart gov runs pretty balanced and smooth on my W8 flat running OZOP. What's everybody else driving daily? Read ahead 2048, GPU interactive 700.

Maqical

Jun 5, 2012
Project isn't dead or I'm not just MIA, been running my improved v4.. or should I say v5.

Everything has been great with my changes so nothing keeps it in the way from being the same as other kernels.

Not updating the thread because there is new Samsung sources and I'm waiting to get them to merge my changes to them, and I'll update.. only reason I haven't posted them yet guys.

Also, I pre-ordered a nexus pixel XL today, will be moving onto that, but keeping this updated for a few months until it just dies.

Hope maybe atleast a few of you also have pre-ordered and will see some not so strangers in those forums. :)

bx10r

Apr 9, 2010
Project isn't dead or I'm not just MIA, been running my improved v4.. or should I say v5.

Everything has been great with my changes so nothing keeps it in the way from being the same as other kernels.

Not updating the thread because there is new Samsung sources and I'm waiting to get them to merge my changes to them, and I'll update.. only reason I haven't posted them yet guys.

Also, I pre-ordered a nexus pixel XL today, will be moving onto that, but keeping this updated for a few months until it just dies.

Hope maybe atleast a few of you also have pre-ordered and will see some not so strangers in those forums. :)

hmmmm, i likey

D<3'SJ2427

Aug 12, 2013
The Emerald One

Awesome man! Looking forward to v5, thank you for the continued effort andsupport. I'm getting that upgrade itch my damn self but so far away, working my butt off to get there. Pixel looks like an IPhone from the renders, why does most new devices have that IPhone look? Hope studies are going great for ya, appreciate your time man, Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

GayCasper

Nov 25, 2015
Hayti

Can't wait

Maqical

Jun 5, 2012
D<3'SJ2427;68983682 said:
Awesome man! Looking forward to v5, thank you for the continued effort andsupport. I'm getting that upgrade itch my damn self but so far away, working my butt off to get there. Pixel looks like an IPhone from the renders, why does most new devices have that IPhone look? Hope studies are going great for ya, appreciate your time man, Thank you!

Yup, I feel it, I only got it because you can just pay for it monthly with Google store.

As soon as samsung sends me the sources.. update will be ready

Maqical

Jun 5, 2012
Got some big stuff planned for you guys for sure.

My best release so far.. will be up by the 16th (Next Sunday) Latest, since I really only have weekends to work, I hit a great discovery and this update I just can't keep for myself anymore!

Promise you guys 105%, V4.5 by then.

Been working my as$ off.

Enjoy soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    They will both be built from the same exact configs, just set up per model these are built off T-Mobile EPH2 sources until future updates and I do not plan on doing it any other way as I only have the T-Mobile device.

These are built off SaberMod 7.0 Toolchain
    Features
    Newest EPH2 Sources 8/24/16
    Highly customizeable with 3C Toolbox, Kernel Toolkit, Kernel Auditor.. Synapse support SOON
    Linux 3.10.104
    Kernel built in Root With SuperSU Systemless 2.77
    Atlas A57 Big Core Clockable to 400Mhz and 2300
    Apollo A53 Little Core Clockable to 400Mhz And 1600
    21 Different Cpu Governors
    11 I/o Schedulers
    TCP Additions
    VMA Caching
    Graphite
    Ccache
    Permissive Enabled
    Google Services Battery Drain Fix

I am still new to all of this and learning slowly by day, I promise to try my best and give back as much as I can for everyone still around until I get a new device. :)

I ended up cracking my LCD and Touchscreen and I want to thank these generous enough users that donated to pay for my new part to keep developing for the S6.. You guys are prime examples of how XDA keeps giving back no matter what, Thank you guys for helping getting a new replacement screen.
    Link for others who would like to donate here is the link: Paypal Donation We are currently a bit more than half to the price of the LCD&Digitizer Replacement
    if you donate please send me a pm to let me know as it's a business paypal and do not have emails notifications 24/7 so I can personally thank you!
    1. @bigtom624
    2. @slickrick54
    3. @Thomas1109
    4. @Frasertbf
    5. @bx10r
    6. @JJalowiec
    7. @D<3'SJ2427

Once again, thank you everyone for pitching in and helping me during this tragic event, wouldn't be able to keep going without you guys

Downloads!

Firestorm V4 Beta Flat ---> https://s.put.re/G6gGhKg.zip
    Firestorm V4 Beta Edge ---> https://s.put.re/takmvWy.zip

Hurricane VOLTE Icon Fix for Edge users only: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24713784966775019[/CENTER]

Please, have your modem/bootloader updated to ensure maximum efficiency.
    But, if you are NOT on EPH2 Modem/Bootloader, I can NOT offer you support. (This has fixed so many problems for my testers)

I uploaded the bootloader and modem to Stangs AFH here.

G920T EPH2

G925T EPH2

My AFH Folder with all releases except some betas'

Flashing steps is downloading the CORRECT zip from my AFH > going into recovery > install > select zip > swipe to flash > reboot

I want to thank @The Sickness for helping me with every dumb question, fixing boot errors with me, for his HUGE HELPFUL guide, patience in teaching me some of the basics, supplying with files and scripts to make life easy and for Twisted V8 itself and everything else he has done for us when no one else did for us.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Project Firestorm, Kernel for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6

Contributors
    Maqical, Maqical
    Source Code: https://github.com/Maqical/Firestorm

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v3
    Stable Release Date: 2016-09-03
    Current Beta Version: v3.5
    Beta Release Date: 2016-09-05

Created 2016-08-02
    Last Updated 2016-09-03
    Update should be in about a week, maybe two, depending on how much time I have and problems I run into..

The reason why is;

I'm doing a complete rebuild with new methods of the way stuff is managed and handled, so my kernel can no longer be called a "clone"

If you guys can't notice the drama did really put a lack on my motivation, I was pumping out builds after build, trying to fix stuff.. updating asap.

I have completely gutted my project, and my files and starting fresh and new..

Update will be well worth it, and I'll reach out to my testers when time may be, but I think I will stick to my personal testing, because alot of you really like what I choose how my kernel runs and does at my preference and the only way I can do that.. is well.. me trying new stuff and testing it lol.

The update I already had planned for V4 is nice.. Everything all ironed out except 2 bugs.

V4.1 should be bugfree, and perfect for everyones usage the way they want to use their device and stable with newest sources.

Thank you everyone for being extremely understanding and waiting quite awhile. But, it will be worth it.
    Got some big stuff planned for you guys for sure.

My best release so far.. will be up by the 16th (Next Sunday) Latest, since I really only have weekends to work, I hit a great discovery and this update I just can't keep for myself anymore!

Promise you guys 105%, V4.5 by then.

Been working my as$ off.

Enjoy soon!
    Welcome

Absolutely agree with The Sickness!

It is so great to see people who actually want to learn, learn!

This is NEVER an easy task, especially with our day to day lives and real world duties always getting in the way, but for a few truly dedicated that do this for their own knowledge and power so that can DO things and not be told what they can do or have their phones do, they take the many, many, many ok one more, many hours of reading to finally get a chance to try something on their own and to hopefully with great success!

Then to bring that new found knowledge from the countless hours and share with the rest of us here!

That is why just a little appreciation goes a long way.

For even a simple rom mod, by which a Kernel build is not even in the same category, but a simple mod which for myself or the sickness may now only take me a few minutes to complete, doesn't take in to account the knowledge we gained from the days, months and even years to gain.

So let's welcome our newest Android Developer @Maqical with the help of the recently retired (we'll see lol, but best of luck with your future endeavors!) and mentor @The Sickness who has brought to us all countless roms, mods, guides, support and now kernels!

So for anyone wondering what's the point of hitting the thanks button or simply giving a little feedback when we ask, this is what keeps us going because we don't have to share, we d9nt have to add the mod or update that project or make it compatible for your device, it already works fine in our phones and I don't use that mod or why that what?

We do it because we are simply giving back to the community that gave us so much!

So hit the thanks, mention our projects and share with others what we have shared to you for free!

Thanks.

I will probably be editing this 9nce I read it later when I'm not sleep posting. Lol

Congrats and good luck fill8ng those boots! You know I love ya Chris and miss your presence here! What's this about N7?...
    Samsung released their latest source code for G920TUVU4EPF1

Instead of releasing my updated v3, I will be rebuilding with new sources