[Q] Blank OS in HBOOT

23rd August 2014, 08:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44

260 posts
Hello everyone,

So I've looked around on this topic and it's still an issue, albeit a minor one. My M8 phone is unlocked/rooted, and S-OFF'd. I am currently using ViperOne M8, which is awesome!

When I boot to HBOOT after installing new firmware the OS line is filled in, but after booting to Recovery and going back to HBOOT, the OS line is now blank. I've been told this is a bug in TWRP, and not a bug or issue anywhere else. I've tried 2 different approaches to fixing it. One entailed flashing a new ZIP (or flashing something), but the instructions stated that I needed to boot to Recovery while in Stock Recovery, which my phone does not do. It's only when I use a TWRP Recovery that I am able to go into any Recovery Menu. The other one had to do with flashing a zipped firmware, but even though that flash worked just fine, it still didn't resolve the OS issue. I have tried looking all around, but either I'm missing something, or it's just not knowing enough about what I'm reading to recognize the right answer.

So please, will someone tell me HOW do I get rid of that pesky TWRP bug that causes the OS line in HBOOT to blank out after only 1 visit to recovery post-firmware update?

I would appreciate ANY info you can give me.

Thank You,

RockStar2005
23rd August 2014, 10:07 AM   |  #2  
Flag Riverside, California
Thanks Meter: 188

405 posts
More
Download the modified Twrp from here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=54054835
Flash the modded (test) Twrp recovery with flashify and you won't have to worry about that happening again after flashing the firmware. You are going to have to flash your current firmware for it to show up again. Works perfect after that. Hope that helps

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Last edited by lotzakritters; 23rd August 2014 at 10:10 AM.
23rd August 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44

260 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotzakritters

Download the modified Twrp from here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=54054835
Flash the modded (test) Twrp recovery with flashify and you won't have to worry about that happening again after flashing the firmware. You are going to have to flash your current firmware for it to show up again. Works perfect after that. Hope that helps

lotza,

Thank you SO MUCH for posting that link! I installed the modified TWRP and it worked like a charm!

Have a great weekend!!

RockStar2005
The Following User Says Thank You to RockStar2005 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 01:57 AM   |  #4  
Flag Riverside, California
Thanks Meter: 188

405 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockStar2005

lotza,

Thank you SO MUCH for posting that link! I installed the modified TWRP and it worked like a charm!

Have a great weekend!!

RockStar2005

Awesome, glad you got it fixed

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
blank os
Previous Thread Next Thread