Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 51,251 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Install windows os?

Tip us?

TheStayHomeDad
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Question [Q] Install windows os?

Can you install windows os on an HTC ONE M8 that has android/htc sense OS?

wase4711
Old
Thanks Meter 3,551

DONATE TO ME
currently, no..who knows what the future might bring
HTC One M8
LG Flex
HTC One Maxx
Samsung Note2
Samsung Note
Samsung S3
HTC Evo 3d
HTC Evo 4g
Samsung G2
IBones 3,4
Palm Treo
PPC 6700
HP IPAQ
Moto StarTac's, several
BlackBerry's, several
and on and on...

ASKING FOR THANKS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IS SO LAME - IF YOU DESERVE ONE, YOU'LL GET ONE..

PunishedSnake
Old
Thanks Meter 28
You mean convert to HTC one w8? I bet we can soon

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

NJDubois
Old
Thanks Meter 4
A Windows Phone variant with the exact same specs is coming to T-Mobile. Duel boot has all but been confirmed.

Not sure if it is the same, I remember you always had to install windows before Linux when duel booting, the question is where there be a ROM that can be installed on the android version.

I am seriously ready to go to the store now and get the m8. My 4 month jump plan was ready a few months ago actually. The note 4 has been announced and I think "meh" sums it up. I'm just as good keeping the 3.

I don't use nor have stylus apps on my note 3, just love the specs. The ability to duel boot is something I'd leave Sammy for. There has been almost nothing about the actual process or ability to do so, but there sure is quite a few asking about its possibility.

I've spent to much to just leave android. It would be nice if someone who knew the challenges well could outline what needs to be overcome and in their opinion on how long it could be till we can duel boot.

I have the early version of the jump plan. I don't have to have half the value paid off. Every 4 months, new device, but the note... Love it. Not leaving for a windows device that is sub par. And they really all are right?

I'll be waiting!