Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,279 Members 53,151 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

one m8 tmobile on other country

Tip us?

boazlaz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default one m8 tmobile on other country

HI all
im having a problem on my m8 tmobile.

i got it in the US and im using it in another country - all works good except one thing.

lets say i have a contact saved in my address book as DAVE and his phone number is 12345678
when Dave calls me i see his name on the screen - all ok
when dave sends me an SMS the sms app doesnt recognize him as one of my contacts and the only thing i see is the country code and then 12345678.

i tried to add the country code to the contact and the SMS worked fine but when i get a call from him now its not recognized there and all i see on the screen is the country code and his phone number 12345678.

bottom line - its not just dave , its for 100% of my contacts.

please please help
BL

lampel
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by boazlaz View Post
HI all
im having a problem on my m8 tmobile.

i got it in the US and im using it in another country - all works good except one thing.

lets say i have a contact saved in my address book as DAVE and his phone number is 12345678
when Dave calls me i see his name on the screen - all ok
when dave sends me an SMS the sms app doesnt recognize him as one of my contacts and the only thing i see is the country code and then 12345678.

i tried to add the country code to the contact and the SMS worked fine but when i get a call from him now its not recognized there and all i see on the screen is the country code and his phone number 12345678.

bottom line - its not just dave , its for 100% of my contacts.

please please help
BL
I'D guess it's set to expect a ten digit US phone number. I think that is a property set in the build.prop. what country or locale do you want it to default to? I'm not sure I can help but I'll try...
Provider: T-Mobile US
Device: HTC One

boazlaz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lampel View Post
I'D guess it's set to expect a ten digit US phone number. I think that is a property set in the build.prop. what country or locale do you want it to default to? I'm not sure I can help but I'll try...

hi
thanks for the reply.

im using a verizon m8 and its all good there.
about the 10 digits - i changed all of my contacts to 10 digits and then it recognize the senders when i recieve an sms but then it wont recognize them when they call me.
the default country is israel.

thanks!