one m8 tmobile on other country

1st July 2014, 12:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
HI all
im having a problem on my m8 tmobile.

i got it in the US and im using it in another country - all works good except one thing.

lets say i have a contact saved in my address book as DAVE and his phone number is 12345678
when Dave calls me i see his name on the screen - all ok
when dave sends me an SMS the sms app doesnt recognize him as one of my contacts and the only thing i see is the country code and then 12345678.

i tried to add the country code to the contact and the SMS worked fine but when i get a call from him now its not recognized there and all i see on the screen is the country code and his phone number 12345678.

bottom line - its not just dave , its for 100% of my contacts.

please please help
BL
2nd July 2014, 02:11 AM   |  #2  
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 69

341 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boazlaz

HI all
im having a problem on my m8 tmobile.

i got it in the US and im using it in another country - all works good except one thing.

lets say i have a contact saved in my address book as DAVE and his phone number is 12345678
when Dave calls me i see his name on the screen - all ok
when dave sends me an SMS the sms app doesnt recognize him as one of my contacts and the only thing i see is the country code and then 12345678.

i tried to add the country code to the contact and the SMS worked fine but when i get a call from him now its not recognized there and all i see on the screen is the country code and his phone number 12345678.

bottom line - its not just dave , its for 100% of my contacts.

please please help
BL

I'D guess it's set to expect a ten digit US phone number. I think that is a property set in the build.prop. what country or locale do you want it to default to? I'm not sure I can help but I'll try...
2nd July 2014, 06:54 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lampel

I'D guess it's set to expect a ten digit US phone number. I think that is a property set in the build.prop. what country or locale do you want it to default to? I'm not sure I can help but I'll try...

hi
thanks for the reply.

im using a verizon m8 and its all good there.
about the 10 digits - i changed all of my contacts to 10 digits and then it recognize the senders when i recieve an sms but then it wont recognize them when they call me.
the default country is israel.

thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread