Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Question about External SD card visability

13th August 2014, 01:35 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Outside of Chicago
Thanks Meter: 4,805

Donate to Me
More
So, I am total stock, not rooted yet, waiting for the 2.22 firmware update from TMO.

I have a 64 gig sd card in the phone, and, in apps like root explorer, I can see the card, and all the files I put on it.
I also have been able to move a few programs to the external card, at least partially.

but, in some programs, when I try to save a file to the external sd, or, sometimes when I try to open a file on the external sd, the card does not show up in the path. I have some movies on the card, and when I open BS Player, it doesnt show the external sd card at all.

I think I read that rooting the phone will fix this, but I am not sure if just rooting fixes this, or if you have to do something else to make it show up all the time.

I know there have been issues trying to write and save files directly to the external sd, but I think this is something different.

Thanks in advance!

20th February 2015, 09:46 PM |#2  
Flag Fairchild AFB, WA
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Tutorial SD card communication issues?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711

So, I am total stock, not rooted yet, waiting for the 2.22 firmware update from TMO.

I have a 64 gig sd card in the phone, and, in apps like root explorer, I can see the card, and all the files I put on it.
I also have been able to move a few programs to the external card, at least partially.

but, in some programs, when I try to save a file to the external sd, or, sometimes when I try to open a file on the external sd, the card does not show up in the path. I have some movies on the card, and when I open BS Player, it doesnt show the external sd card at all.

I think I read that rooting the phone will fix this, but I am not sure if just rooting fixes this, or if you have to do something else to make it show up all the time.

I know there have been issues trying to write and save files directly to the external sd, but I think this is something different.

Thanks in advance!

There's an app I found in google playstore, called "NextApp SDFix". Try it, it just might do the trick.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread