Random rebooting after GPS update.

OP decko5

31st August 2014, 09:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3

72 posts
More
I received a GPS update and it prompted me to restart. Afterwards it's rebooting on its own after about a minute.

edit: cant even do factory reset after i click ok, nothing happens.

edit 2: even hitting power off was simply rebooting, i snuck in a recovery mode and was able to factory reset that way. I think I am going to unroot because of this.
Last edited by decko5; 31st August 2014 at 10:10 PM.
1st September 2014, 02:01 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 49

202 posts
More
I had a similar issue and have no idea why. I thought it was related to adb being set to on but now that you mention it, it did happen after restarting from the GPS update. I ultimately switched to gpe and now everything is great.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
1st September 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3

72 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil.culler

I had a similar issue and have no idea why. I thought it was related to adb being set to on but now that you mention it, it did happen after restarting from the GPS update. I ultimately switched to gpe and now everything is great.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I figured it out, i think. Before accepting to update the GPS it asked me if I want Google to perform for malicious software on the phone, or something along those lines. The first time I chose yes. The second time I chose no and I still updated my GPS but received no rebooting issues.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread