Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,290 Members 46,463 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Verizon to T-Mobile (Ohio)

Tip us?

Powell730
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Default Verizon to T-Mobile (Ohio)

so im thinking about changing from verizon to tmobile because i really want unlimited data back (nfl sunday ticket). was just wanting some opinions from anyone else that made this switch in the central ohio area or has been with tmobile in the central ohio area.. how's the coverage? you hear good and bad, sounds like it's on the up in the recent years and future but theres nothing like the actual customers opinions.

quantumtransfer
Old
Thanks Meter 92

DONATE TO ME
verizon is the only carrier that has the nfl ticket viewable on the smart devices like phones and tabs.. so even if you did change for tmo. youd still lose the other option. or mix and match verizon tab with tmo smartphone with tethering unlocked throught roooting. really up to you
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3
Rooted, TWRP, KNOX 0x1
Rom: MiniN3 4.6
Kernel:FREEZA'S Beast mode(2.3)

SAMSUNG GALAXY GEAR
Rooted
Rom:[MK7] null_ 14
Kernel: Stock

AUSTIN3:16
Old
Thanks Meter 9
The NFL Sunday ticket app from DirecTV is available and works great on T-Mobile.
The Following User Says Thank You to AUSTIN3:16 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ghostlike2014
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Also remember after a certain amount of data usage T-Mobile does begin to slow down data speeds to 2G
Hit the THANKS If I have helped!

Powell730
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumtransfer View Post
verizon is the only carrier that has the nfl ticket viewable on the smart devices like phones and tabs.. so even if you did change for tmo. youd still lose the other option. or mix and match verizon tab with tmo smartphone with tethering unlocked throught roooting. really up to you
I think you're thinking of NFL mobile. I have DirecTV and NFL Sunday ticket like the person below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlike2014 View Post
Also remember after a certain amount of data usage T-Mobile does begin to slow down data speeds to 2G
Even with the unlimited 4g plan? I thought speeds were only throttled when you had, ie: 1gb of 4g data, then it would be unlimited after that but on the slower network.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

rkingsparx81
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I'm on T-Mobile and they do not slow down data if your on the $80 unlimited plan

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1406697962908.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (53.6 KB, 75 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rkingsparx81 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

androidrookie84
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I'm in Toledo and the LTE works great!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

treIII
Old
Thanks Meter 435
Butler county Ohio. T-Mobile purchased aws spectrum from Verizon at 2100 mhz. Spoke to an engineer. Gave me his cell number and said to let me know how things are working. Really nice guy. He said volte is live in butler county also.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2