Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Unroot HTC One (M8) complications

OP bizzy4lif3

27th August 2014, 07:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hey guys, I really need some assistance. I had rooted my phone a couple weeks back and now it runs the latest TWRP. Currently I have a System Update for my phone, but everytime I try to update it brings me to the TWRP Recovery menu and I dont know what to do from there. I had attempted to unroot my phone as well and that has also failed. If there is someone who can help me out with this problem, I'd be extremely grateful.
28th August 2014, 02:58 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 49

202 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzy4lif3

Hey guys, I really need some assistance. I had rooted my phone a couple weeks back and now it runs the latest TWRP. Currently I have a System Update for my phone, but everytime I try to update it brings me to the TWRP Recovery menu and I dont know what to do from there. I had attempted to unroot my phone as well and that has also failed. If there is someone who can help me out with this problem, I'd be extremely grateful.

probably easiest to flash the RUU for t-mobile. you can get it from http://www.htcdev.com/devcenter/downloads. You will have to relock the bootloader first from what i have heard unless you are s-off. relocking the bootloader is fastboot oem lock
30th August 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #3  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 186

1,538 posts
More
I'm in the same boat. Can you even do the update through TWRP?

I'm also not sure I even rooted this properly (new to HTC) for the reason of whenever I plug in the charger when the phone is powered off, I get this orange type of text warning then it flickers to the TWRP screen before finally displaying the charging animation.
Last edited by vibrantliker; 30th August 2014 at 04:49 PM.
30th August 2014, 10:41 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 46

514 posts
Ruu

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
31st August 2014, 01:10 AM   |  #5  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 186

1,538 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunishedSnake

Ruu

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

What does that mean?
31st August 2014, 09:15 PM   |  #6  
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 5

106 posts
More
Look through the 4.4.3 post. Plenty of info in that post.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread