XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

In urgent need of help!

OP ColtonDRG

5th July 2014, 12:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Aurora, CO
Thanks Meter: 1

29 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello. I have managed to dig myself a seemingly un-escapable hole. I flashed the GPE ROM on to my device, and it tried to update... When it did, it resized a bunch of partitions, upgraded HBOOT, and completely messed up the bootloader, so now I am stuck with a device that refuses to flash anything but CyanogenMod 11 because my /system is too small for any other ROM. My HBOOT version is 3.18.0.0000. I have tried pretty much everything I can think of including RUU... I don't know where to go from here. If anyone has any suggestions, please tell me as I would try anything. Will I just have to wait until we can gain S-OFF for this new HBOOT version so that I can downgrade the HBOOT and get the T-Mobile one back, or just convert the entire thing to GPE?
Last edited by ColtonDRG; 5th July 2014 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Fixed a typo and updated information
6th July 2014, 12:10 AM   |  #2  
Flag Pearl City
Thanks Meter: 71

647 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtonDRG

Hello. I have managed to dig myself a seemingly un-escapable hole. I flashed the GPE ROM on to my device, and it tried to update... When it did, it resized a bunch of partitions, upgraded HBOOT, and completely messed up the bootloader, so now I am stuck with a device that refuses to flash anything but CyanogenMod 11 because my /system is too small for any other ROM. My HBOOT version is 3.18.0.0000. I have tried pretty much everything I can think of including RUU... I don't know where to go from here. If anyone has any suggestions, please tell me as I would try anything. Will I just have to wait until we can gain S-OFF for this new HBOOT version so that I can downgrade the HBOOT and get the T-Mobile one back, or just convert the entire thing to GPE?

Try and follow these instructions
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2754063

then flash the official 1.57 RUU.

If you are S-OFF you will still be S-OFF.
6th July 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Aurora, CO

29 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidbits

Try and follow these instructions
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2754063

then flash the official 1.57 RUU.

If you are S-OFF you will still be S-OFF.

I already tried that. No dice. It says there is an invalid hboot version.

Sent from my HTC One (M8)
6th July 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #4  
Flag Pearl City

647 posts
More
Which method are you using?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
6th July 2014, 11:14 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Aurora, CO

29 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Which method are you using?

I used RUU mode to flash all of the different firmware packages, none of them worked. I also can't restore the NANDROID backups because my /system is too small. I tried the RUU as well but it always quit after accepting the license agreement.

6th July 2014, 11:35 PM   |  #6  
Flag Pearl City

647 posts
More
Do you have Norton or similar virus protection? Did you try and run the RUU as admin?

6th July 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Aurora, CO

29 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Do you have Norton or similar virus protection? Did you try and run the RUU as admin?

No. I had no virus protection on that computer at the time. Yes. The computer would not actually let me run it w/o being admin.

The computer was running Windows 7 x86_64. HTC Sync was installed. The phone in RUU mode plugged into a USB 2.0 port.

Last edited by ColtonDRG; 6th July 2014 at 11:41 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread