Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 40,389 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tempered glass screen protectors...

Tip us?

InsaneJester17
Old
Thanks Meter 28
I just got the Icarez .2mm from amazon. Feels great and doesn't seem to finish touch sensitivity like the .4mm xtreme guard i had. Only problem is while squeezing out air bubbles, it cracked near the speaker. For a refund, but I'll keep this on for now and if I like it after a couple days, I'll order another.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app
Nokia 3360> Samsung p710> Samsung X660> Samsung Blade> HTC PPC-6700> HTC Mogul> iPhone> iPhone 3g> Samsung Captivate> Motorola Atrix> Samsung Focus> Samsung Captivate> Samsung Skyrocket> LG Nexus 4> LG Nexus 5> LG G3

arcanexvi
Old
Thanks Meter 276
The spiegen is a solid option as well. Not cheap but thin as hell and they're durable.

IXChicharitoXI
Old
Thanks Meter 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert90262 View Post
I using the flexible glass. It's great imo

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

robert90262
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXChicharitoXI View Post
I using the flexible glass. It's great imo

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
Yeah iloome protectors are great when this zagg one messes up I'll be back

2ndComing
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Well what I do when I put my screen protector on it.
1) I wipe it down get any smears and whatever else may be on it. of course use the glare
2) get some scotch tape and wrap some around my fingers and then just pat the screen.
3) apply protector

I never get any dust between protector and screen that way and even the non wet screens seem to stick better afterwards
Never dealt with any build up or glue getting on screen from tape. Do not rub, pat
http://2ndcoming.net/art/2ndsig.jpg

NJ_RAMS_FAN
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneJester17 View Post
I just got the Icarez .2mm from amazon. Feels great and doesn't seem to finish touch sensitivity like the .4mm xtreme guard i had. Only problem is while squeezing out air bubbles, it cracked near the speaker. For a refund, but I'll keep this on for now and if I like it after a couple days, I'll order another.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app
does that one cover the from edge to edge unlike xtreme guard?
Me: T-Mobile LG G3; Nexus 5 Tablet: LG Pad 8.3
Wife: Samsung Galaxy S IV SGH-M919 Tablet: Tab 3 8.0

Retired: T-Mobile G2x (2 Sold), HTC Amaze 4g (sold), GSM Galaxy Nexus (Broke ), Galaxy S II T-989(Sold), Galaxy S III T-999(Sold) Tablets: Samsung 7.0 Plus (Sold), Samsung 2 7.0 (Sold), Asus TF300 (Sold)

sankyou
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I agree that the one that originally started this topic is fantastic: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KGSW734/...SIN=B00KGSW734 . What an incredible installation method. I am experienced in installing screen protectors but their method made an edge-to-edge G3 install easy - which is not easy to pull off.

I had originally purchased the Skinomi for $15 and I do not recommend their product. I applied it perfectly but an imperfection in the lower-left corner caused it to bubble. Attempted to contact them with no luck so I returned it using Prime. This is the one NOT to buy: http://www.amazon.com/gp/r.html?R=3T...332190_TE_dp_1