Tempered glass screen protectors...

4th September 2014, 10:26 PM   |  #71  
Flag Lancaster
Thanks Meter: 26

76 posts
More
Just put my glass on. Very well packaged, high quality. Unfortunately i installed it a hair off center and i have a weird spot middle left which isn't quite a bubble, could be dust. I installed using the shower steam method but i think next time to get a better fit in gonna use the hinge method. Here's a few shots

4th September 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #72  
Flag JOANNA
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zcgofaster

Just put my glass on. Very well packaged, high quality. Unfortunately i installed it a hair off center and i have a weird spot middle left which isn't quite a bubble, could be dust. I installed using the shower steam method but i think next time to get a better fit in gonna use the hinge method. Here's a few shots

I did the same thing, mine is slightly off just like that. But the case hides/ protects it for me. I fig it will still do it's job and i notice no problem with touch on that part of screen.
4th September 2014, 10:41 PM   |  #73  
Flag Lancaster

76 posts
More
I just tried some surgery on that spot with no success. Still there. Could be a flaw on the protector or maybe my phone. Good news is that it was surprisingly easy to lift a corner with my finger nail and apply the dust removal sticker. Didn't mess anything up. Really forgiving. But that spot!!! I may have to order another or better yet, contact the company for a replacement

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Also i have a best buy insignia flexible case and it seems the two will play nice together
4th September 2014, 10:54 PM   |  #74  
Thanks Meter: 208

1,168 posts
More
My iCarez is absolutely scratched to hell. My screen actually looks cracked in a few spots from it.

Yeah it was an easy install and sure it's the SP and not the screen itself, but I've never had a screen or SP that got damaged this quickly.
5th September 2014, 01:12 AM   |  #75  
Flag Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 91

326 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude

My iCarez is absolutely scratched to hell. My screen actually looks cracked in a few spots from it.

Yeah it was an easy install and sure it's the SP and not the screen itself, but I've never had a screen or SP that got damaged this quickly.

Hmm, I also have the iCarez except I have the .3mm version. I wonder if the .2 is softer and not as durable. Had mine on for over a month now and it still looks new / like I just put it on. Am very satisfied and can't believe it was only $9 vs. $40 Spigen charges
5th September 2014, 05:40 AM   |  #76  
Flag Lancaster

76 posts
More
The .2 mm is 9h so it should be just as solid
5th September 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #77  
Flag Henderson
Thanks Meter: 24

119 posts
Donate to Me
More
I am using the icarez on 2 of my 3 LG G3s. The first one went on perfect with no issues. The second one did not seal on the upper left corner. It almost looks like an air bubble would. I've thrown/dropped my phone several times. The phone shows no damage to the protector. I also usually leave it in the pocket with my keys and my wife leaves her in her purse. For 9 dollars, i would say its doing its job just fine.
6th September 2014, 02:37 PM   |  #78  
Thanks Meter: 171

815 posts
I have a hairline crack that's bothering me even tho its barely noticeable. The icarez screen protector is the best solution because that could have been my screen
6th September 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #79  
Thanks Meter: 33

213 posts
And mine broke...well, broke in the line of duty. My phone was on my bed as I got ready for bed and my wife threw her M8 on the bed right onto my G3 and cracked the protector. The screen is still flawless. No telling if she would have busted my screen but the protector did its job. I'll be ordering another one soon.
9th September 2014, 10:18 PM   |  #80  
Flag Lancaster

76 posts
More
Update: i removed my icarez .2 because of the huge spot that couldn't get rid of. I got a zagg brand (.3mm) from a friend for free and decided to put that on. I like it but i can tell it messes with the sensitivity of the screen which can be frustrating when scrolling at times. I've contacted icarez through email and they requested 2 pictures and my amazon order id. Hopefully i can get a replacement because i REALLY love the icarez. .2mm is surely the way to go. It was also much less noticeable and the cutout was better as well.

Update 2: icarez sent me a free replacement. I used the shower steam method and it came out perfect. After using that thick zagg glass for a few weeks, I'm happy to have this icarez back on. Zagg was terrible for sensitivity and just way too thick. Imo icarez is the way to go.
Last edited by zcgofaster; 27th September 2014 at 06:37 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread