Tempered glass screen protectors...

Search This thread
the trick to installing these glass protectors is this:

turn your shower on to its hottest water setting; close the door.
go back in 10 minutes.
install the screen protector in your bathroom, with the door closed.

sounds nutty, but the condensation in the air attaches to any particulate matter in the air, and sticks it to the walls, or the floor;

not your screen :good:

This is a great method, I'll have to try it when I buy one of these screen protectors.

pgg285

Aug 18, 2012
I got the Zerolemon protector along with their extended battery. No complaints so far.

Toneman07

Aug 17, 2014
Henderson
Has anyone cracked one of these yet? I was joking around with an IPhone friend and decided to chuck my phone across a parking lot ---- it shattered the screen protector but the screen was 100% functional. I was pretty impressed ($9.00 iCarez one on amazon)

Made me feel pretty foolish until i peeled it off and showed him my phone was all good. Needless to say he didn't attempt the same stunt, and I don't think I will be doing it again either hahaha:good:

NotLutzik

Feb 12, 2008
New York
Has anyone cracked one of these yet? I was joking around with an IPhone friend and decided to chuck my phone across a parking lot ---- it shattered the screen protector but the screen was 100% functional. I was pretty impressed ($9.00 iCarez one on amazon)

Made me feel pretty foolish until i peeled it off and showed him my phone was all good. Needless to say he didn't attempt the same stunt, and I don't think I will be doing it again either hahaha:good:

I have seen some broken screens with .33-.40 glass screen protectors. I guess if you throw hard enough you can brake anything lol

dejvid15

Oct 25, 2014
Does anyone have a Nillkin tempered glass installed? I'm thinking about getting a Nillkin 9H, wondering about H vs H++, to what I've come so far is the only difference between them is the rounded edge of the glass itself - can anyone confirm or provide any feedback? :) Thanks

cbaty08

Jun 30, 2009
Santa Clara
Just wanted to add my experience with the Spigen GLAS.tR NANO SLIM.

It fits and looks great, BUT.. it has effected touch responsiveness.

Not a deal-breaker, but it is indeed noticeable.

Triavius

Aug 23, 2012
Philadelphia
Just wanted to add my experience with the Spigen GLAS.tR NANO SLIM.

It fits and looks great, BUT.. it has effected touch responsiveness.

Not a deal-breaker, but it is indeed noticeable.

Hm I haven't really noticed any loss of responsiveness on mine. I'm not very gently when I tap/swipe on the screen though, so maybe that's a factor.

I do agree though, the fit is awesome. I did have a corner that didn't stay stuck down, however it's slowly getting better after a couple of days being on and now is almost completely fixed.

cbaty08

Jun 30, 2009
Santa Clara
Hm I haven't really noticed any loss of responsiveness on mine. I'm not very gently when I tap/swipe on the screen though, so maybe that's a factor.

I do agree though, the fit is awesome. I did have a corner that didn't stay stuck down, however it's slowly getting better after a couple of days being on and now is almost completely fixed.

Yeah, it isn't crazy noticeable.. but there is a difference that I can feel every so often.

Lucky me, none of my corners had lift! Glad your issues have subsided.

dbh369

Nov 4, 2007
Philadelphia
TechArmour for Lg G3 is awesome.took a direct hit on a rock when I tripped jogging, shattered the protector, but saved the screen. My finger slides even easier than on the original glass. Haven't noticed any loss of sensitivity. Doesn't get greasy.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Naah, I like my wet-applied TPU protectors, they never ever ever get dust stuck between it and the screen.

the trick to installing these glass protectors is this:

turn your shower on to its hottest water setting; close the door.
    go back in 10 minutes.
    install the screen protector in your bathroom, with the door closed.

sounds nutty, but the condensation in the air attaches to any particulate matter in the air, and sticks it to the walls, or the floor;

not your screen :good:
    These are way better than the plastic crap that is dominant.

I've bought a couple of these. They are $8.95 on Amazon Prime:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KGSW734/

I've also had one on my HTC One m8. Works awesome, and the feel... feels like glass.
    You're right. It does sound nutty. :cyclops:

for those in the know however; it is *the* way to do it properly.
    that is unless you have access to one of these

Clean_room.jpg
    for those in the know however; it is *the* way to do it properly.
    that is unless you have access to one of these

Clean_room.jpg

That's about 10 times the size of my bathroom (which partially explains why I think it's nutty to be messing with a phone in there).

Then again, I actually did have access to a dust-free clean room about 10 years ago, when I was working for IBM.

Maybe what's needed is a small dust-free chamber to do these things. We could make a fortune selling them. :D
    Do you leave your phone in there while the water is running or do you bring it with you when you walk in?

take it with you;
    the plan is to remove materials in the air by adding condensation to weigh them down, not to 'hydrate' your phones screen; it probably wouldn't hurt; but i wouldn't do it as the condensation that accumulates on the screen is going to have to evaporate some time, and i dont want to know what the effects of that are after ive installed the s/p