Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,560 Members 53,241 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The Unofficial Diz Case Thread

Tip us?

wideasleep1
Old
(Last edited by wideasleep1; 28th July 2014 at 06:15 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 429
What the hey..been using Diztronic TPU cases since about 5 phones ago (Sensation?) through the recent Nexus series 4 and 5. Now my G3 sports the familiar thin protector in black, and once again Diz has the winning combo: reduced slippery matte back, glossy narrow front lip with slight elevation for placing phone face down without worry, and a no bulk thin cover which has always protected my phones from dozens upon dozens of drops and never a cracked screen. Around 10 bucks and money well spent.[emoji41]

Edit: Just looked it up..1.44mm thin and under an ounce, made in Wiscahnsuhn, donchaknow..

https://tpu-cases.com/index.php?main...x&cPath=46_103

http://youtu.be/K5mr9kMqdxc

Sent from my amazing LGG3!
B/W Sidekick/Color Sidekick2/TMO MDA/TMO Dash/G1/Nexus 1/Sensation/SGS3/Nexus 4/Nexus 5/LG G3
Rockin Android before it was Cool!

sn0warmy
Old
(Last edited by sn0warmy; 12th August 2014 at 04:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 804
I've always been a fan of the Diztronic case for my phones as well. However, since I was in a hurry to get a case when I got my phone I did some searching around for other TPU options to hold me over. I ended up with the Fosmon TPU Case and man am I impressed! The fit is excellent with perfect cutouts. And the lip around the edges to protect the screen is there but not nearly as bulky as what I've previously experienced with Diztronic cases.

I must admit that this case has prevented me from even considering switching to another TPU case, even when Diztronic releases one. Especially when you consider that this case is only $5.97 shipped!

Current
LG G3 (D851)

Previous
Nexus 5 // Nexus 4 // Galaxy Nexus // Nexus One
The Following User Says Thank You to sn0warmy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sweets55
Old
(Last edited by sweets55; 18th August 2014 at 11:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 343
My Best Buy Insignia case looks just like Fosman. It was 15 bucks. I just needed something quick. I have a bumper case coming.

The Following User Says Thank You to sweets55 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wideasleep1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 429
Crapping my own thread cuz I ordered the Fosman. :P
B/W Sidekick/Color Sidekick2/TMO MDA/TMO Dash/G1/Nexus 1/Sensation/SGS3/Nexus 4/Nexus 5/LG G3

sweets55
Old
Thanks Meter 343
Just odd that they look same. Well one says Fosman. I'm bummed my Nillkin case is a little bulky but really like the looks of it. That's why I like spending a little more money at stores so I can easily return it. Oh well that case was only 6 bucks.

wideasleep1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweets55 View Post
Just odd that they look same. Well one says Fosman. I'm bummed my Nillkin case is a little bulky but really like the looks of it. That's why I like spending a little more money at stores so I can easily return it. Oh well that case was only 6 bucks.
Yeah..sometimes I justify the extra price (even double on lower cost goods) for ability to handle and test, and possibly to return, but also the price of instant gratification. It will take a week to get the Fosman and if I didn't already have the Diz...but it will be fun to compare the two. [emoji4]

Sent from my amazing LGG3!

sn0warmy
Old
Thanks Meter 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideasleep1 View Post
Crapping my own thread cuz I ordered the Fosman. :P
Current
LG G3 (D851)

Previous
Nexus 5 // Nexus 4 // Galaxy Nexus // Nexus One
The Following User Says Thank You to sn0warmy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

siraltus
Old
Thanks Meter 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0warmy View Post
Got the Diztronic off Amazon for 9 bucks. It's simply fantastic. Simple, well made, looks awesome. Highly recommended. I will never spend $40 on an Otterbox again, it's just not worth it.
The Following User Says Thank You to siraltus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wideasleep1
Old
(Last edited by wideasleep1; 24th August 2014 at 06:47 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 429
Okiedoke...Fosman has arrived, and I AM impressed. It's noticeably thinner than the Diz, which feels a bit more rigid. The Fosman also has more gloss finish around the margins and curves of the phone, so it feels softer in the hand than the Diz, which has a ridge or seams of transition between the matte and gloss finishes. I think the Fosman TPU, while slightly thinner, should offer similar protection from drops, feels more pliable, softer in hand, but has a few mold marks and isn't as perfectly finished as the Diz, but then is a few bucks cheaper than the Diz. Both are worth the money, either way! Cheers!

Edit: I'm also noticing a difference in the matte finish feel between the backs of the two: The Diz feels like a smooth rubber, while the Fosman feels a bit coarser and more like textured plastic.