FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 26 – May 2)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Great Camera Hardware, or Software?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on phone cameras. Come with your opinions and feel … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 25 – May 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Lollipop Xposed Framework Alpha 4 Released

Good news to all Xposed Framework fans. XDA Senior Recognized … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[MOD] PrimeTether LG-D851 10C/10M/10R

27th April 2015, 12:31 AM |#331  
yanowman's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 888Plugin8.com

You can spend $2.50 at the app store and purchase WiFi Tether Router app to get unlimited hotspot. Doesn't matter what Rom you are using


I could do that... And have.. And no matter what configuration it WILL NOT WORK, so yeah haha.
 
 
27th April 2015, 07:08 AM |#332  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanowman

I could do that... And have.. And no matter what configuration it WILL NOT WORK, so yeah haha.

The 1st of two configurations is what I've used and never had any problems. I have used it on KitKat and lollipop. Both stock Roms and asop and both without problems. You also need to make sure APN is configured correctly (also see below). Hope that helps

For*LG G3*using this config

***** **Interface*wlan0
** *** *Method*2
** *** *Channel*1
** *** *Encryption*wpa2-psk
** ** **"No Firmware Reload"* <- UNCHECKED

if not work

* **** *Interface*wlan0
** *** *Method*3 - HostApd
********Encryption*wpa2-psk
** *** *Channel*1*
** *** *Drivers*nl80211*
** *** *"HostApd Patch"* <- UNCHECHED



FOR T-MOBILE USERS AND NEXUS 5
Need to change your APN, simply navigate to*Settings*>More*>*Mobile networks*>*Access Point Names. Select your T-Mobile APN, and scroll to*APN protocol. Change this to*IPv4, and then save your APN.

*
27th April 2015, 01:59 PM |#333  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 888Plugin8.com

The 1st of two configurations is what I've used and never had any problems. I have used it on KitKat and lollipop. Both stock Roms and asop and both without problems. You also need to make sure APN is configured correctly (also see below). Hope that helps

For*LG G3*using this config

***** **Interface*wlan0
** *** *Method*2
** *** *Channel*1
** *** *Encryption*wpa2-psk
** ** **"No Firmware Reload"* <- UNCHECKED

if not work

* **** *Interface*wlan0
** *** *Method*3 - HostApd
********Encryption*wpa2-psk
** *** *Channel*1*
** *** *Drivers*nl80211*
** *** *"HostApd Patch"* <- UNCHECHED



FOR T-MOBILE USERS AND NEXUS 5
Need to change your APN, simply navigate to*Settings*>More*>*Mobile networks*>*Access Point Names. Select your T-Mobile APN, and scroll to*APN protocol. Change this to*IPv4, and then save your APN.

*

that app doesn't work on lollipops stock, and if you make a new APN still doesn't work
28th April 2015, 12:50 AM |#334  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodfellajay

that app doesn't work on lollipops stock, and if you make a new APN still doesn't work

I will re-confirm. It definitely doesn't work at all on Lollipop stock.
1st May 2015, 06:37 AM |#335  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
He updated that thread and said it didn't work.

My tethering app did the same thing also after screwing around with it. After trying different workarounds I read online, eventually the SSID stopped broadcasting at all. The tether button would switch on, then off, but would never broadcast. Eventually it also started telling me that I didn't have a tethering plan. I flashed back to stock 5 and the native app works again, but I've already reached my limit for the month, so I still can't tether, but I can connect and reach the upsell page
1st May 2015, 11:05 PM |#336  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
This isnt an ideal solution but it seems to be working:

RussianBears thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3071188

1) create a new APN that's IPV4
2) Start an adb shell: adb shell
In the adb shell, run this command: settings put global tether_dun_required 0
3) Run stock hotspot
4) Use a VPN on the device you connect to your phone (im using private internet access) to mask the data from Tmobile


Back when i had an LG G2, i was able to run the VPN on the phone at the same time as the hotspot was running... this way anything i connected to the hotspot was automatically going through the VPN.. If i connect to private internet access in lolipop with the hotspot open, the hotspot goes soooooooo slow and seems to bypass the vpn (ip address on the connected device is a tmobile ip, and not from the vpn)
Today, 09:45 AM |#337  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
bbb,b,

Sent from my LG-F320K using XDA Free mobile app
v nnb
fn.
Today, 05:56 PM |#338  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
I posted a simplified cookbook for unlimited tether in RussianBear's thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7&postcount=34
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes