Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Adding Dual Window Apps without ROOT

OP xperiacle

21st October 2014, 04:30 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
So how do you use the app? What happenes after you click hello world? Also is this process reversible if for some reason I need to uninstall it?
3rd November 2014, 05:43 AM   |  #12  

1 posts
I can confirm this works on my unrooted T-Mobile LG G3. It would be nice to add this feature for the unrooted users
7th November 2014, 01:20 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 26

321 posts
Anyone working on this?

Btw there was a similar solution for samsung multi windows ( i.e expanding MW support , w/o root)

Just figured I'd mention it
18th November 2014, 11:19 PM   |  #14  

1 posts
launching apps
Hi! Thank you for the test app.
Maybe a way to continue this bypass is: instead of display a "Hello world" message, to launch desired app using URL schemes. Anybody knows how to modify the test app to do this? I think this could be the answer we are looking for!
29th November 2014, 02:55 PM   |  #15  

2 posts
Thumbs up Works for me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xperiacle

Hello G3 users,

I am trying to figure out a way to add Dual Window or Multiwindow apps without root. It is possible on Samsung multiwindow so I got curious to know if it was also possible on LG G3 as well. So I decompiled a few stock LG apps and I discovered some metadata for multiwindow so I figured I make a test app with those metadata and test if it would work - that is if it would add itself to the dual window list on unrooted G3. I don't have a G3 and I would glad to make a guide on how to do it if the test app works. Below is a test app with the multiwindow metadata. I appreciate any feedback. THANKS.

This worked perfectly for my unrooted LG G3 on At&T. I would also love to know how to add this functionality to other apps. Awesome that you figured it out!
18th December 2014, 02:15 PM   |  #16  

1 posts
works fine with verizon LG G3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread