Adding Dual Window Apps without ROOT

337 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,811

By xperiacle, Recognized Developer on 29th August 2014, 11:59 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
29th December 2015, 06:46 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Works on my unrooted LG V10 Android 5.1.1.
Last edited by GoodGuys; 29th December 2015 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention done detail

29th December 2015, 08:19 AM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
oh. well I'm planning to get the V10 but till then I'm "stuck" with the G3 that's why I asked
10th February 2016, 06:00 AM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadrumgod

I'm interested , I've been trying to find a way to add those couple of lines to an app's manifest easily but I've never decompiled a nap before the most I have done is modify updater scripts and some custom roms. But I'm hearing conflicting stories that on a rooted phone you can actually decompile and modify a nap and recompile it but I'm not so sure which would really help if it were true considering I don't have a good computer access right now but I hate having this g4 and not be able to use hardly any apps in the dual window and I'm not too keen about trying the low effort route yet without something cheaper to practice on first considered my computer skills are a little rusty lol

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

So, I rooted my G4 and modified the manifest for an app but I could never get it to recompile directly from the phone. I don't think you can? Anyway, I ended up realizing that you have to download the decompiled apk to a computer, change the manifest and then repackage the apk, and reinstall the app. I've done that with a few apps myself, but I don't think its very trustworthy of me to start uploading other apps with that manifest change on them... Unless there's really a big demand. There's a couple tutorials around that can show you how to do it, but you have to install the android SDK and get your hands dirty a bit.
The Following User Says Thank You to SirataXero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SirataXero Ad-Free
12th February 2016, 08:36 PM |#34  
Flag Brunswick
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirataXero

So, I rooted my G4 and modified the manifest for an app but I could never get it to recompile directly from the phone. I don't think you can? Anyway, I ended up realizing that you have to download the decompiled apk to a computer, change the manifest and then repackage the apk, and reinstall the app. I've done that with a few apps myself, but I don't think its very trustworthy of me to start uploading other apps with that manifest change on them... Unless there's really a big demand. There's a couple tutorials around that can show you how to do it, but you have to install the android SDK and get your hands dirty a bit.

Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger and rooted both my g4's and finally got a Lil laptop to play with so I would love to learn anyway and any tutorials on anything around this area would be cool. Just gotta make due with a netbook with 1gb of ram at the moment till I upgrade soon but at least its running Windows 10...I've had fun playing with a bunch of Linux distros since I figured out how to boot them up so I might be able to pick up on this stuff lol

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk
4th May 2016, 04:51 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Works on G3 f460 (Korean model I'm using within EU) with Android 6, no rooting - it's in that quick panel and keeps open when used in dual window, no problem

P.s.: I thought I could choose which app to open through it..i got it late ))
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)