--[FIX]--SkyDragon G3 USB Fix

OP 88keys6strings

22nd August 2014, 12:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Tigard, OR
Thanks Meter: 9

12 posts
More
Like many of you new flashers, I have flashed the SkyDragon ROM and have noticed that there is no connectivity to the computer whatsoever, so I did a little digging. I went back and forth between 2 Nandroid backups and kept flashing parts of them until I could narrow down where this problem was coming from. I found out that it comes from the specific folder - data/property

There is a missing file called persist.sys.usb.config ,13B in size, and I have no idea what it does (maybe some of you could enlighten me) but throwing the old file into that folder, changing the permissions to rw-------- and rebooting worked like a charm.

I apologize for not sticking this into the development thread, however I'm a lurker with no input!

Without further ado,

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY BORKEN DEVICES. IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, DON'T DO IT!

1. Download Root Browser and RB Text Editor
2. Navigate to /data/property
3. On the bottom bar, tap the "New" button
4. Click on "New file"
5. Enter the file name as follows:
persist.sys.usb.config
6. Click the file you just made and hit "Open as..."
7. Hit "Text file"
8. Click RB Text editor
9. Delete whatever is there and enter as follows:
auto_conf,adb
No spaces or caps!
10. Save the file by clicking the save button on the top right corner.
11. Reboot your phone
12.Profit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steal this information, spread it around, someone post it to the development thread and make this ROM better!

If you're having any problems, don't hesitate to ask
Last edited by 88keys6strings; 22nd August 2014 at 06:40 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 88keys6strings For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 01:01 AM   |  #2  
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 3,179

11,696 posts
More
i could just drop this in the proper location before flashing the rom yes ??
22nd August 2014, 01:05 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Tigard, OR

12 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesyNutz

i could just drop this in the proper location before flashing the rom yes ??

Only if you're going to dirty flash it, but at that point, I'd just dirty flash it anyways. The file should already be there if you're on a ROM that can recognize your phone. I also do recommend a clean flash. I'm sorry if I made this difficult. When flashing the rom, it'll format /data which is where the file is held so if you had the file there already, it would just wipe it.
22nd August 2014, 01:08 AM   |  #4  
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 3,179

11,696 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88keys6strings

Only if you're going to dirty flash it, but at that point, I'd just dirty flash it anyways. The file should already be there if you're on a ROM that can recognize your phone. I also do recommend a clean flash. I'm sorry if I made this difficult. When flashing the rom, it'll format /data which is where the file is held so if you had the file there already, it would just wipe it.

i was talking from a clean install

drop file in the proper location then wipe phone flash rom with new file and them proceed to set up the phone
22nd August 2014, 01:13 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Tigard, OR

12 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesyNutz

i was talking from a clean install

drop file in the proper location then wipe phone flash rom with new file and them proceed to set up the phone

As long as it's after the wipe then yes. If you opened up the zip that contains the ROM, you could head into /data then create a new folder called property and throw the file in there then zip it back up and flash it. But you MUST put the file in /data/property AFTER you flash the ROM. You could drop the file into a downloads or media folder because those don't get touched then flash the rom then move it and change permissions then reboot as well.

So no, you cannot drop the file in it's PROPER location before you wipe, otherwise it'll get deleted. However, you can copy/paste it into say, mnt/sdcard/Download, via your root browser, beforehand then follow my instructions
Last edited by 88keys6strings; 22nd August 2014 at 01:25 AM.
22nd August 2014, 01:39 AM   |  #6  
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 192

818 posts
More
I'll try when I get home in about six hours.
The Following User Says Thank You to partylikeaninjastar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 01:45 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Tigard, OR

12 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by partylikeaninjastar

I'll try when I get home in about six hours.

For sure! Will await results
22nd August 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #8  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 31

180 posts
More
I hope the developers get to see this for the next update
22nd August 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 32

185 posts
More
I tried creating my own file as per the instructions (came to 13b size for the file too), but my phone isn't being recognized in android file transfer.

Then again, it wasn't recognized either when I was on stock rom (prior to flashing anything).
The Following User Says Thank You to Jephre For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 02:56 AM   |  #10  
Flag Occupied Chicago
Thanks Meter: 92

117 posts
More
On my phone, the file already existed. Its contents read....

Code:
boot,adb,mtp
I changed it accordingly based on your instructions, reboot and nothing.

I found that if you turn USB debugging off, then on again, the file will get overwritten with the original code...boot,adb,mtp.

Could it be that this command simply enables USB debugging? That's what my testing showed. I turned off debugging, made the file change, reboot and debugging was enabled. Disable debugging and the file gets overwritten. Rinse, repeat. If I delete the file, it is recreated when enabling USB debugging....boot,adb,mtp.

Just a preliminary finding. I'm not well versed enough to explain or troubleshoot it any further. It did nothing to cure my USB problem.
Last edited by Cablespider; 22nd August 2014 at 03:43 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cablespider For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread