Lg G3 on Tmob $30 prepay

13th September 2014, 07:20 AM   |  #41  
Bristol County, Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 238

533 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jremenak

Just thought I'd share my experience here, since there are a lot of different stories floating around.

1) Pricing: I went into a TMobile store yesterday and picked up a D851 for $598.00, plus tax. I do not have a TMobile account. I have a SIM from the giveaway that TMobile was doing, and I told the manager that I was going to activate the $30 plan online - no questions asked, no extra fee. They were pretty busy at the time, so maybe he just figured he'd get me out the door and move on to the next customer.

2) Network compatibility: When I got home, I used the "LG G3 Unlock" app on the play store to SIM unlock the phone. 10 minutes and $5 later, I had the phone working on AT&T. LTE works fine; the D851 comes equipped for band 17, which is what AT&T uses in most areas.

3) Accessories: There is currently a promo from LG that offers new purchasers of the G3 a replacement battery and a charging cradle for free. You need to take a picture of your box and your receipt and submit it on their website.

I'm a happy camper.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app

Hey, nice post! Thanks a lot

I wonder if I do what you did, big id be able to use verizonů probably not. Cuzza CDMA right?
13th September 2014, 03:17 PM   |  #42  
Dayton, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 506

2,748 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLok

Also, only the T-Mobile variant works on Tmo's LTE network, you would only get 3G with the international variant. Something else to think about.

At&t variant also gets T-Mobile LTE just an fyi
13th September 2014, 10:13 PM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 3

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebcabob

Hey, nice post! Thanks a lot

I wonder if I do what you did, big id be able to use verizonů probably not. Cuzza CDMA right?

No, it doesn't look like it. The TMobile variant does not offer a CDMA radio. However: there are some rumors out there that indicate that the US CDMA G3's (from Sprint and Verizon) also support GSM. Might be something to look into.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeaver

At&t variant also gets T-Mobile LTE just an fyi

Yes, it does. But the AT&T version does not have an unlocked bootloader (yet), and it does not support Qi wireless charging.

AT&T went with PMA charging instead, because they do things like that. There are a ton of Qi accessories out there, but right now the only PMA stuff is either Duracell branded or the new Starbucks mats.

Since for either model you'll need a new back plate to get the wireless charging, you might be able to swap the back covers to change the charging style. That's just a speculation, though. My technical expertise doesn't go that far.

13th September 2014, 11:17 PM   |  #44  
Dayton, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 506

2,748 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jremenak

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Yes, it does. But the AT&T version does not have an unlocked bootloader (yet), and it does not support Qi wireless charging.

AT&T went with PMA charging instead, because they do things like that. There are a ton of Qi accessories out there, but right now the only PMA stuff is either Duracell branded or the new Starbucks mats.

Since for either model you'll need a new back plate to get the wireless charging, you might be able to swap the back covers to change the charging style. That's just a speculation, though. My technical expertise doesn't go that far.

I know all this. I have both variants. The post i quoted wasnt about all that. The post i quoted stated that only the T-Mobile variant was able to get LTE on T-Mobile network. I was simply pointing out that AT&T also gets LTE on T-Mobile network.
The Following User Says Thank You to bkeaver For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th September 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #45  
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 327

1,861 posts
Donate to Me
More
Anyone using Vonage through 4g on this plan?

15th September 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #46  
Thanks Meter: 80

774 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richieboy67

Anyone using Vonage through 4g on this plan?

Yep, best thing about it as opposed to other VOIP apps is it displays my caller ID like it's a regular call to the other person. However I think the Google Hangouts dialer has better sound quality.
15th September 2014, 09:05 PM   |  #47  
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 327

1,861 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidApprentice

Yep, best thing about it as opposed to other VOIP apps is it displays my caller ID like it's a regular call to the other person. However I think the Google Hangouts dialer has better sound quality.

Yeah, that is why I use it. Now if only I could route my incoming calls through it.

I haven't tried hangouts dialer yet.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in T-Mobile G3 General by ThreadRank