[ROM][D851] T-Mobile 20G update (no recovery)

Search This thread

acefsw

Oct 24, 2012
Coatesville

redduc900

Apr 30, 2011
Nampa, ID
Google Pixel 6
Per the Zimperium app, the 20g update is still vulnerable...

Unfortunately Stagefright CVE-2015-6602 is still vulnerable according to Zimperium Stagefright detector app.

Lookout Stagefright Detector will not detect the latest Version 2.0 vulnerabilities of Stagefright, and make it clear in there app description.

"This app does not support detection of Stagefright 2.0 vulnerabilities. "

Reactions: acefsw

PeterC18st

Oct 21, 2008
NYC
This is the checksum that I am getting. Anyone else can confirm this is correct?
4544093c57e9bf504b89e714523b4e9d

demoncamber

Jan 20, 2012
So does anyone have the latest 20g radio in a flashable zip? Also, this upload is VERY slow, could someone please please reup to a faster host?

Last edited:

alongenemylines

Jan 2, 2008
Taylorsville, KY
Yeah... untrue for me, just deleted all my entire phone trying to get back into recovery. This update erased everything. :crying:

Not sure what you did differently. This is just the stock update from zip from this thread (http://xdaforums.com/tmobile-lg-g3/development/d85120g-stock-update-zip-d85120e-t3218287), with recovery.img removed, and the updater script modified to NOT flash the recovery.

Only way I can think of that you could have deleted everything on your phone is if you did a wipe first.

demoncamber

Jan 20, 2012
Not sure what you did differently. This is just the stock update from zip from this thread (http://xdaforums.com/tmobile-lg-g3/development/d85120g-stock-update-zip-d85120e-t3218287), with recovery.img removed, and the updater script modified to NOT flash the recovery.

Only way I can think of that you could have deleted everything on your phone is if you did a wipe first.

No idea here as well, did not wipe before. I flash things all the time, just the normal load zip, flash, reboot was done. Then it loaded up, saw root was lost, went to boot back into recovery, erased everything.

klewisjohnson

Mar 20, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
LG V20
So does anyone have the latest 20g radio in a flashable zip? Also, this upload is VERY slow, could someone please please reup to a faster host?

I uploaded a modem zip for 20G

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

Link to my Google drive for all. D851 Modems
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxVKW5ov-PmLbF9LR2pvcEljemc#

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Reactions: demoncamber
oh no i think im up a creek

so i flashed the rom and SU then as im rebooting to DL mode to reflash my recovery.img the effing cat jumps into my hands and knocks the phone out of my hands and out popped the battery. now when i hold vol up and plug usb in i get the quick blue DL mode screen as usual but no firmware screen to follow, insted a black screen with 6 tiny white lines of text in the top left corner that read as follows

[600] fastboot mode started
[690] --- reset ---
[700] --- portcharge ---
[860] --- reset ---
[860] --- portcharge ---
[1070] fastboot: processing commands

the rom still boots if i battery out and restart also have done multiple factory resets

any ideas in fixing this would be greatly appreciated

Frankenscript

May 29, 2014
Indianapolis Metro
Google Pixel 6
Looks like its booting to fastboot mode. You can flash proper recovery using a PC and the adb\fastboot package. Been too long for me to remember details but google will get you the answer.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts