OP dspcap

26th August 2014, 03:31 PM   |  #91  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 231

1,191 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_77

Actually the camera is the main factor that made me upgrade from the Nexus 5 to a G3. I was tired of depositing checks with my banking app just to have the deposit declined due to image quality. My wife's S4 always worked, and my G3 has worked every time I've tried it.. to me it's just proof the N5 camera is not up to standards.

That is so funny, I had to use my wife's iPhone to take pictures of our checks because of the same issue with the N5. I started a thread on this and found dozens of people with the same issue.
26th August 2014, 03:33 PM   |  #92  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 231

1,191 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRex

So we disagree, that's fine. But I'm not alone.. There are many people that get quality shots. It's not the best camera in the world and it has its share of issues. But it is just not a bad as it's made out to be. What exactly was I insinuating?

You are basically saying that I "believed" that the camera was bad because enough people were saying it. That I couldn't make up my own mind and I was just saying what everyone else was. Very insulting sir.

Your statement: "That was one of those falsehoods that became true because with enough people said it. It took plenty of nice shots."
26th August 2014, 04:04 PM   |  #93  
Flag Leominster MA
Thanks Meter: 185

392 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspcap

You are basically saying that I "believed" that the camera was bad because enough people were saying it.

I wasn't referring to you.

I was saying that a lot of people say the Nexus 5's camera was bad solely because they read that it was bad and just perpetuate it without ever picking the phone up.

You had a bad experience, but just because you had one doesn't mean others have the same issues. Like I said, when I didn't have to deal with focusing problems (which wasn't all the time), I got some really nice shots. So I'll certainly disagree that it has a bad camera, it just has done issues keeping it from being a very good one.

That being said, the G3's camera is substantially better and high on my list of reasons why I'm glad I switched.
26th August 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #94  
Flag Elk Ridge, UT
Thanks Meter: 205

563 posts
Donate to Me
More
"What kind of issues were you having? Besides the speaker, I got lucky to not have any issues or complaint."

The speaker and microphone stopped working on both n5's that I had. Got tired of it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by justibasa; 26th August 2014 at 06:19 PM.
26th August 2014, 08:43 PM   |  #95  
Thanks Meter: 181

819 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbanlinxx

Having both the N5 and G3,anyone who says that the G3 is just as fast and smooth as the N5,doesn't have the slightest idea what there talking about. I'm not talking about benchmarks, I'm talking about side by side real world testing.....

You're right, stock for stock. But once I rooted my G3, removed all the carrierIQ, LG logging stuff and swapped kernels, this is just as fast if not faster than my N5 running CM11 and elementalX kernel in my other hand.
26th August 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #96  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 226

707 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotzaDroid

You're right, stock for stock. But once I rooted my G3, removed all the carrierIQ, LG logging stuff and swapped kernels, this is just as fast if not faster than my N5 running CM11 and elementalX kernel in my other hand.

I've done all the same to my G3,running Sky dragon rom, and my n5 running Rastakat with Elementalx, underclocked to 1.7 is smoother in every aspect. My g3 even lags in Gsam when I'm checking it for wake locks..
26th August 2014, 10:35 PM   |  #97  
Thanks Meter: 181

819 posts
More
Quote:

I've done all the same to my G3,running Sky dragon rom, and my n5 running Rastakat with Elementalx, underclocked to 1.7 is smoother in every aspect. My g3 even lags in Gsam when I'm checking it for wake locks..

Don't know what to tell ya then, either I have a better working G3 than you or a worse operating N5 than you. 😉

I have no lag anywhere on this phone, everything is fast and smooth. That's not to say I had lag on the N5, well, the notification pull down was laggy, but that may have been the themed settings.

Either way, I am much more happy with this G3 than my N5 (it'll still stick around as a backup).
26th August 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #98  
Thanks Meter: 514

1,535 posts
Quote:

GSAM caused all sorts of issues on my G3. Kill it.

Sent from my amazing LGG3!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread