Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,969 Members 38,207 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No aosp roms?

Tip us?

darryim
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default No aosp roms?

Is it too soon for aosp ROMs for t mobile yet?

mdowns989
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I hear there's some in the works...just something with the kernel not booting..ROM builds but... You on G+?
The Following User Says Thank You to mdowns989 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ducter
Old
Thanks Meter 207
Questions do not belong in the development section. Also this topic has been discussed and answered numerous times.
All fear, all pain, all hurt, all grief, all lies, must bow to Jesus' name.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ducter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ThePagel
Old
Thanks Meter 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducter View Post
Questions do not belong in the development section. Also this topic has been discussed and answered numerous times.
Yeah I don't get it three in one day... is it a full moon tonight?
ADB Only (Windows)
ADB Only (Linux) <-- Plus instructions

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePagel View Post
Yeah I don't get it three in one day... is it a full moon tonight?
goes back to who needs the stinken rules!! Who needs to actually read threads...I came from S4 verizon forum and the number of questions on the same topic that was posted practically daily because of pure laziness was unbelievable...we had posters who said they were too busy to read any threads and wanted an answer right now!!
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3

pandacookie
Old
Thanks Meter 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryim View Post
Is it too soon for aosp ROMs for t mobile yet?
Short answer: yes. The phone came out a bit more than a month or two ago. Developers cannot just whip these things together. It takes time and the right kernel and configurations. We don't want a messy ROM circulating simply for the sake of having an AOSP ROM.

Also, it's possible some developers do not want to focus on a ROM for a phone in which only one carrier has an unlocked bootloader. That certainly can make some hesitant, mainly because it's tougher to work with limitations. Take Cyanogenmod. Their developers hesitate to work on this phone for that very reason, as an example. They simply do not want to work on a ROM just for one model with an unlocked bootloader.

Give it time, friend. It'll come.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

starkruzr
Old
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
I don't know why people are thirsty for AOSP ROMs for T-Mobile devices. You lose WiFi Calling with pretty much every AOSP ROM I've seen, and that is T-Mobile's killer app. Not like there's anything out there that's gonna replace it.
+++ATH0

-----------
AT&T 8525 --> iPhone 2.5G --> iPhone 3GS --> Google Nexus One --> T-Mobile G2 --> AT&T Galaxy Note i717 --> Samsung Galaxy Note International N7000 --> T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 --> T-Mobile LG G3 (stock, rooted)
The Following User Says Thank You to starkruzr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wideasleep1
Old
Thanks Meter 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkruzr View Post
I don't know why people are thirsty for AOSP ROMs for T-Mobile devices. You lose WiFi Calling with pretty much every AOSP ROM I've seen, and that is T-Mobile's killer app. Not like there's anything out there that's gonna replace it.
Bingoboomshakalaka! Plus, the LG stuff is unobtrusive and occasionally useful. While I would play with AOSP, it couldn't be a daily driver for me.
B/W Sidekick/Color Sidekick2/TMO MDA/TMO Dash/G1/Nexus 1/Sensation/SGS3/Nexus 4/Nexus 5/LG G3
Rockin Android before it was Cool!

Cablespider
Old
Thanks Meter 80
ahem...

https://plus.google.com/109746709508...ts/2gXUKGeeibt

justibasa
Old
Thanks Meter 157

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cablespider View Post